+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scan Tool PLX Kiwi Bluethooth & Torque Pro Software

Scan Tool PLX Kiwi Bluethooth & Torque Pro Software

Just want to share my Experience with the PLX Kiwi Bluethooth device paired with Torque Pro for Android OS (Samsung Galaxy II)

For the ones that use HPtuners, we know how uncomfortable it is to carry around the laptop (mine is a military issue one so it's heavier) just to see if you have Knock Retard, total timing and stuff like that.

I've looking all around a good KR gauge but could not find one that looks good for my taste. Finally after searching a lot I decided to purchase PLX Kiwi Bluethooth device to pair it with my smart phone.

Nelson Performance is a Dealer for PLX devices.

Now I research a lot for the software to be use. I wrote emails to all of them at the Android market asking for specifics on KR sensors and GM PID's.

The only one that gather all my needs (basic needs for all of us) was Torque Pro by Ian Hawkins.

The software has 3 sets of GM PIDs and so far it has worked in the Hybrids Trucks and in the 2002 Turbo Truck.
    I can record logs of and analyse them in the computer. I can put any gauge, any size in the Smartphone.
    Is not a tuning device. I use it most for a visual warning when a bad batch of gas is on the truck, when the weather is hotter than usual, etcetera.

Latter I'll try to post actual pics.

If you have any question, I'll be glad to answer them from my experience.

Latter dudes.
    Last edited by 2boosted; 01-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.

How much. And will this work on I phone 4

The Iphone has a restricted Bluetooth system. So PLX decided to go WIFI with it.

I also Helped a friend buying him that device.

He wanted it just for scanning codes and erasing them.

It worked great with his Ipad2. It is possible to work with it in Iphones/Ipads/Ipods.

He used the REV application. Torque Pro has and option to work with WIFI devices too.

About the Price you can Contact Nelson Performance for a quote, but their site goes for $149.99

Torque Pro in the Android Market is about $5.00

I guess apps for Apple must be around the same price !

Wow this makes me want to put an iPad or Android tablet in the truck and run this 24/7

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

justin, check out..
    http://www.nengun.com/hks/camp-2
    Sponsored by Taylor Wires!
    Sponsored by PowerMaster!!
    Sponsored by FROZEN BOOST!
    Sponsored by US Speedo!

I wish HPtuners have an Android/AOS5 software and and cable.

I think it'll be much easier to carry around and tune.

My next Android device will be Samsung Galaxy Note. 5" display phone and tablet. Let's see how portable is that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boosted View Post
    I wish HPtuners have an Android/AOS5 software and and cable.

I think it'll be much easier to carry around and tune.

My next Android device will be Samsung Galaxy Note. 5" display phone and tablet. Let's see how portable is that.
    I really dread anything Mac. If I can find a decent Android tablet, I'd be willing to mount it and get this stuff hooked up.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I really dread anything Mac. If I can find a decent Android tablet, I'd be willing to mount it and get this stuff hooked up.
    Same on my side with Apple, but my wife love those, like every woman.

I have tested the Asus Tablet, and the Samsung 8.x". Both are great, but I'm a fan of Samsung Tech.

Here are some pics of my S2 mounted in an Universal Exogear Exomount http://www.exogear.com/products-exom...nt-holder.html

I match the color of the gauges in the smartphone to the ones of the truck.

Look mom, no cables !!!!!

You can have different sets of gauges for different vehicles.

us Windows 7 mobile users need an app like this, torque and a few other apps are the only ones i miss from my old android phone, but i agree, Hp tuners needs Mobile phone support. they'd make a killing
    97 xcab c1500 lm7 5.3 swap 343RWHP 329RWTQ 13.40 @ 101.97 2.03 60ft. MODS: Longtubes, 3200 stall, TR220 112lsa, .030 799 heads, NNBS intake, PTM 92mm TB. 4" PVC "hot" air intake 3" single exhaust w/cutout 3.42:1 gears, 29" tall tires. Dyno tuned by flaco

+ Reply to Thread