Thread: Scan Tool PLX Kiwi Bluethooth & Torque Pro Software

Threaded View

Scan Tool PLX Kiwi Bluethooth & Torque Pro Software

Just want to share my Experience with the PLX Kiwi Bluethooth device paired with Torque Pro for Android OS (Samsung Galaxy II)

For the ones that use HPtuners, we know how uncomfortable it is to carry around the laptop (mine is a military issue one so it's heavier) just to see if you have Knock Retard, total timing and stuff like that.

I've looking all around a good KR gauge but could not find one that looks good for my taste. Finally after searching a lot I decided to purchase PLX Kiwi Bluethooth device to pair it with my smart phone.

Nelson Performance is a Dealer for PLX devices.

Now I research a lot for the software to be use. I wrote emails to all of them at the Android market asking for specifics on KR sensors and GM PID's.

The only one that gather all my needs (basic needs for all of us) was Torque Pro by Ian Hawkins.

The software has 3 sets of GM PIDs and so far it has worked in the Hybrids Trucks and in the 2002 Turbo Truck.
    I can record logs of and analyse them in the computer. I can put any gauge, any size in the Smartphone.
    Is not a tuning device. I use it most for a visual warning when a bad batch of gas is on the truck, when the weather is hotter than usual, etcetera.

Latter I'll try to post actual pics.

If you have any question, I'll be glad to answer them from my experience.

Latter dudes.
    Last edited by 2boosted; 01-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.