+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cold morning

cold morning

Woke up this morning and have been snow boarding all weekend and it was 21 this morning about 8 AM when I walked out to crank my truck and leave. Once I put it in reverse it wouldn't go anywhere. After a few minutes it warmed up and backed up fine. Any idea's? Its a 05 GMC 1500 with the 5.3 and the 4L60. Thanks guys

Once it warmed up did you check the fluid level? Engine idling with gear selector in park and on level ground.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

when fluid is cold its thicker, therefore less in the pan to pick up, fluid warms up thins out creating enough fluid for it to pick up and go, or you didnt have it in reverse when previously tried.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

When its really cold the same thing happens to me. I learned my lesson and let it sit for a lil bit (30 secs) before shifting and rolling out. This is a good policy anyways.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

I've never had an automatic do it when it's that warm, but when it's real damn cold every auto I've owned does it. Fluid might be a touch low.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I've never had an automatic do it when it's that warm, but when it's real damn cold every auto I've owned does it. Fluid might be a touch low.
    What is real cold for you? Around here 0-15*F is really cold, but I know Canada is a different ball game.
    Last edited by kerrige; 01-02-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

For me, -20 Celsius. There's part's of the country that's considered warm, out west, up north. -40 can be average. I'm in the southernmost part of the country.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread