+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetmech's Garage

btw, did you ever run those DRs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mang213 View Post
    btw, did you ever run those DRs?
    No, never had time to throw them on. But once I get beck in town, I'll put 'em on and data log a little bit.

This is next on the list of future mods. I ran into a problem with my hangers tho. The hangers caltracs sent didn't work so I'm hunting down the appropriate hardware. It's only a matter of time before I get these bolted on. Can't wait to run these on the street......and the track

Last edited by jetmech; 12-25-2011 at 12:33 PM.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

Awesome truck!! Looks good!!!!
    2000 bowtie under construction.
    R.I.P 1999 gmc,3/4 drop,long tubes,4l80e,nelson tune, cai,3 in magnaflow,ls 1 fans,410s,truetrac.cammed!!!

If caltracs sent you the wrong stuff, shouldn't they be fixing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    If caltracs sent you the wrong stuff, shouldn't they be fixing the problem?
    They said those were the only type of hangers they had and that they didn't have anything else to send me. On a better note, I tracked down some bell tech shackles and hangers that I can modify to use the caltracs.
    Last edited by jetmech; 12-28-2011 at 12:24 AM.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

what makes the hangers wrong? you had mentioned the amount of drop but besides that what is the problem>?
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

The only thing wrong with the hangers was the ride height. I currently have a DJM 2/4 drop which uses lower A-arms up front and shackles/hangers in the rear. When I pulled off the DJM hanger and monuted the caltracs hanger, the bolt hole was about an inch lower - which would have raised the rear of the truck about an inch. I found some belltech hangers that will work with the caltracs. I might have to modify them a bit but they'll work. I'm thinking about doing a write-up when I go to install the caltracs with the new hangers.....
    Last edited by jetmech; 01-04-2012 at 08:14 PM.

i also have the DJM 4" drop and just got my caltracs today. I was going to make my own hanger but what are you doing with those calvert hangers then?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    The only thing wrong with the hangers was the ride height. I currently have a DJM 2/4 drop which uses lower A-arms up front and shackles/hangers in the rear. When I pulled off the DJM hanger and monuted the caltracs hanger, the bolt hole was about an inch lower - which would have raised the rear of the truck about an inch. I found some belltech hangers that will work with the caltracs. I might have to modify them a bit bit they'll work. I'm thinking about doing a write-up when I go to install the caltracs with the new hangers.....
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

I already returned the caltracs hangers. From what I have researched tho, these are the appropriate hangers for a 2/4 drop when using caltracs

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BEL-6512/

thats what clavert ended up doing on mine, sent me belltech, i dont know why i didnt rwemember that.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

+ Reply to Thread