+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie in Illinois

newbie in Illinois

Hi all. I'm new to LS1truck.com. I always have pojects going on. I'm currently working on 2 things. My 99 Yukon Denali throwing in a 383 stroker. And my 97 Chevy K1500 Centurion Conversion. Total make over. Put in a straight axle Dana 60 up front and replaced 14 bolt semi floater rear with a full floater with disk brake conversion. Yukon 5.38:1 gears front and rear. Locker in rear and e-locker up front. Truck is gonna have a 6.0 LQ9 out of an Escalade and 4L80E with a NP205 twin stick behind it. I'm just not sure about the a/c compressor. I hear I need to notch the frame for this. Anybody know bout it? Also the wiring is gonna take time but I'm sure with proper books with pin outs shouldn't be a problem. I have complete autometer gauges. Speedo, tach, volts, fuel level, oil press, water temp, trans temp, and diff temps. Does anyone know if I can go without stock computer since I'm not using factory gauges? That was my plan anyway. I dont need abs or 4x4 controls. Truck will be on 40's and most likely will go turbo charged. I will post pics of truck as I go. I'm sure I will be asking some of ya for advise. thanks for looking!

Welcome and sounds like some cool projects, post up some pics when you get a chance.

Welcome! Fun projects you got there!
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

That things gotta suck to work on! Unless your a giraffe
    PERFORMANCE-TUNING-FABRICATION
    12617 FM 917
    Alvarado, TX 76009

+ Reply to Thread