+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what 4l60e to run??? NEED HELP!!

what 4l60e to run??? NEED HELP!!

so i need a tranny for my 99 gmc sierra. i put the 6.0 in it and blew the stock one up. so wondering what brand tranny you guys are running and what you have to say about them. ive seen monster trans and finish line trans just wondering what else is out there. and also what one do you recommend. the motor should be up to 500 hp pretty soon so need something beefed up. THANKS GUYS!!!

Seriously, do the 80e conversion and be done with it. A stock 80e will outlast a built 60e. Get a 10" convertor built for it in the stall or stock stall range, the reduced mass will help acceleration. The cost of a good used 80e and custom convertor will be the same or less than a built 60e. The conversion is next to nothing unless you buy a pre-built crossmember, about $200 after returning your stock unit to the builder. Get your tuner to do the segment swap for the 80e to your tune, swap a few wires around, replace the 60e yoke on the driveshaft with the th400/80e slip yoke and its done and you never have to worry about a dead trans again. Theres are plenty of detailed step by step instructions on here on how to do the swap.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Theres are plenty of detailed step by step instructions on here on how to do the swap.
    And done by ^ this guy. x2 on the 80e

what about buying a transfercase?? isnt it gonna cost more to get all that?? i can get a built 60 for 1650 and i can run the transfer i got now.

+ Reply to Thread