+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inline fuel pump going on and off

Inline fuel pump going on and off

I have an inline fuel pump to boost fuel pressure. This just started. When I stop and fill the truck or just shut the truck off for like 5mil and start it back up the pump will get real loud and the pump will come on and off for some time. Thought it was a bad pump but put a new one on and it still dose it. Got any ideals??

Thanks TIM

Little more info may help. The pump is an inline Walbro pump. It only dose this when the truck has been shut off for a short time like at a fill up or run into a shop and back out. It you leave it off for like 30 minutes it will be fine. When you turn the truck on you can hear the pump is a lot louder and it will go on and off for around 3-4 minutes or so then clear up. The pump will say off just lone enough to kill the motor then back on.

Pump cycling sound electrical, the noise could be from cavitation in the pump.
    Route a couple of wires direct. hot and ground. See if the pump still cycles.

Simply the best turbo kit for late model GM trucks.

Custom fabrication to fit your budget and needs.
    Dealers for Precision, Comp. & Magnum turbos.

Online Store
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Trick1 View Post
    Pump cycling sound electrical, the noise could be from cavitation in the pump.
    Route a couple of wires direct. hot and ground. See if the pump still cycles.
    Tried that and the pump will say on. No cycle. It must be ether the ECM telling it to cycle or could it be the fuel pressure regulator doing it?

No one got a clue on this?? Going to be using the truck soon to take my car for some pulls in a few weeks to see if I am making any more hp. So I kind of need to fix it but just not sure were to start??

oops hit it twist. sorry

+ Reply to Thread