+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission temp gauge

Transmission temp gauge

I want to install a transmission temp gauge on my 2000 silverado 1500 ECSB. I have heard that the truck is already wired for it, it just doesn't have the gauge. I don't know for sure though. If it is, would it be easier to put in something like this? http://www.tunersdepot.com/Performan...max-35580.html or go ahead and get a new cluster? I'd really like to keep the one I have now, rather than get it flashed with my current miles. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    2000 Silverado 1500 Z71/5.3/4.10 gears/Leveling kit/Magnaflow Exhaust

i just got a new cluster, plug and play.
    PERFORMANCE-TUNING-FABRICATION
    12617 FM 917
    Alvarado, TX 76009

Installing a autometer is not hard at all. Wire it up and then the sending unit goes on the drivers side of the trans in a port, or drill and tap a hole in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mf2racer View Post
    Installing a autometer is not hard at all wire it up and then the sending unit goes on the drivers side of the trans in a port, or drill and tap a hole in the pan.
    yea the port on driver side of tranny is where mine is, its pretty acurate 3-4 degres within, and no mess and also my autometer has the correct size sendin unit end to bolt right into to the port.
    2000 Chevy Silverado z71 reg cab, 5.3l procharged, dual exhaust straight piped, custom tune, 200,000 miles, 4 trannys, custom built drive shafts. two speed auto track t-case.

Can't get much easier than putting in a 2500HD/Denali/Escalade cluster with the temp gauge. Plug and play.

That's what I was thinking.
    PERFORMANCE-TUNING-FABRICATION
    12617 FM 917
    Alvarado, TX 76009

if you can hold off on getting a trans temp gauge for around a 20-30 days, ill be doing a write up on how to mod you original cluster to add a trans temp gauge for around 60$

Sure, I can wait till then. Just another item on the long list of mods I want haha.
    2000 Silverado 1500 Z71/5.3/4.10 gears/Leveling kit/Magnaflow Exhaust

Yes a cluster with it in it already is plug and play.. IMO a trans temp gauge is kinda chessey, just my op though
    JOHN

+ Reply to Thread