+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4l80e broken bellhousing

4l80e broken cracked bellhousing

So I finally got around to removing my 80e. Anybody have a clue how this would happen? My best guess is it happened when my drive shaft blew. Idk but it's frusterating as hell.

Next, with no relation to the above statement. I removed the trans fluid that was in the pan and there was a crap load of sediment left in there. I rolled it up ina ball the size of quarter. I tried to see if it was magnetic but it wasn't. Clutches i'm guessing.
    Last edited by Chris092183; 12-03-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    2007 GMT900 CCSB 5.3 VTS2300 Twin Screw Supercharger, Doug Thorley LT's, True 3" Duals into Dynomax Race Bullets, Nelson Tune, 4L80e w/transgo HD2-D, Truetrac, 4.10 r&p
    Need list: Stall, PLX 200 for my crappy AFR, X-pipe, GM 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris092183 View Post
    So I finally got around to removing my 80e. Anybody have a clue how this would happen? My best guess is it happened when my drive shaft blew. Idk but it's frusterating as hell.

Next, with no relation to the above statement. I removed the trans fluid that was in the pan and there was a crap load of sediment left in there. I rolled it up ina ball the size of quarter. I tried to see if it was magnetic but it wasn't. Clutches i'm guessing.
    When I blewy driveshaft up that's exactly what happened to mine. The bellhousing was in pieces AND it broke the starter mount off of the block life sucked that day.

Quote Originally Posted by LS3CC View Post
    When I blewy driveshaft up that's exactly what happened to mine. The bellhousing was in pieces AND it broke the starter mount off of the block life sucked that day.
    GOT D*MN!! thats suks a BIG one!

Haha yes it did. Makes things even better, it was my 6.2 :/
    Luckily I saved the block and tigged it back together. It's in my truck now with no issues luckily.

That sounds real bad. let me guess....

You blew your aluminum driveshaft right?

That will explain the allergic reaction you have to aluminum now days. !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris092183 View Post

blowing driveshafts goes from just hitting the gas tank to split the engine block. So yes, your 80e was torn by that.

I got mine torn along with my transfercase when my steel DS was twisted and the crossjoint in the rear gave up.

As for the gum inside, nothing a refreshing build won't cure.

Good luck in your repairs.

Haha, you nailed it! I hate aluminumn driveshafts :/ but I was asking for it by putting a 6.2 in it

Haha, you nailed it! I hate aluminumn driveshafts :/ but I was asking for it by putting a 6.2 in it
    I'd like to compare the size of your stock DS and mine. Mine's aluminum too, but it seems to be HUGE compared to most I've seen...
    Last edited by Moderator; 12-21-2011 at 04:36 PM.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Lol. Your not the only one with a huge aluminum driveshaft, or a huge wiener for that matter. Haha. I think the stock aluminum driveshafts are 5 inches, don't quote me in that one though.

Lol. Your not the only one with a huge aluminum driveshaft, or a huge wiener for that matter. Haha. I think the stock aluminum driveshafts are 5 inches, don't quote me in that one though.
    That sounds right. When I first saw the one in my CCSB I was surprised.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

+ Reply to Thread