+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: my official build thread

Told you'd I jumping in man. Definitely want to see when you put 850 to the wheels. Will the Th400 hold it?

Lol we will see I guess. Itll be after I get the meth kit so it may be a little while, Im working on getting a house right now. Ian, just watch the video

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

Quote Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
    Lol we will see I guess. Itll be after I get the meth kit so it may be a little while, Im working on getting a house right now. Ian, just watch the video
    Recheck your thread. Less my phone is Wack you posted the link the the muffler twice. The pull from 65-120 isn't on there for me.

Fixed!

Looking good Nick! Hope to see it in person in may.

Thanks buddy. I hope to make it and make some good passes

The truck that just keeps on boosting. That 80 looks like a beast compared to that on3. BTW I have one laying around now

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Looking good. Can't wait to see the mid 10s slip.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Great diy build.....keep us updated

5.3 with some B(.)(.)ST......Coming Soon

Thanks man. Well as most of you know, I had an accident a couple months back and I've been really busy with a new house and work and all but I'm finally working on the truck bc I can't resist anymore haha. I took the bed off first to inspect the damage and really it doesnt seem too bad. Just seems like the passenger frame rail is bent up but other than that the frame looks to be fine but Ill know for sure when I go to get it straightened. Here are some pics of that

As you can see it's definitely bent but Im sure it can be fixed.

As far as plans for the suspension, Im not 100% sure on which route I will be going but Im leaning towards just straightening the frame, boxing in the rails, and shock relocation with good double adjustable shocks. For the front end Im doing double adjustable coilovers and removing the swaybar. I also decided to do a little weight reduction while Im it's down. I started off by removing the hvac since I dont use it anyway and that sort of snowballed into more haha. I removed the carpet and padding (weighed 22.1#) and Im replacing it with ozite black carpet which will only weigh 2-3#. I then ditched the stock seats (57# a piece) and got some kirkey pro drag seats and covers which weigh in a 15# a piece with the covers! I also removed all the ducting, parking brake and cables, airbags, and still plan on doing a little more before it's all said and done. I will be ordering a cage and harnesses within the next couple weeks so I can go ahead and finish the interior and start on the suspension and then move onto body and paint. I know it will be a long process but when it's done it'll look real sharp and hopefully have what it takes to make a single digit pass. The plan is to get the suspension and tune dialed in on the current boost level of 15psi and go up to 20+. I'll keep updating this thread but progress may be a little slow. Here are some more pics

+ Reply to Thread