+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Removing ABS.

Removing ABS.

Ok i want to remove my abs from my 2000 scsb chevy and just run straight brake lines. My question is if i do will it bother anything engine or tranny wise? I removed it from a 98 chevy that i once had and it was pretty simple, will it be the same for a 2000?

Not sure why you'd want to remove the ABS but if it were me, I'd just run a toggle switch for your ABS fuse. On when you want it and off when you don't. It will throw the code sensing you ABS isn't working but will reset when you turn it back on.

nothing will happen if you remove it
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

So why is it that you want to remove your ABS?

helps with pedal feel, better control over your braking

abs was invented for ppl who cant control braking themselves
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

And for when a loser cuts off another loser then slams on the brake in front of them!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    helps with pedal feel, better control over your braking

abs was invented for ppl who cant control braking themselves
    I understand this, however, without a LOT of practice with no ABS, a majority of people will revert to just mashing on the brake pedal in emergency situations. With it only taking the slightest difference in pressure between full lock-up and maximum roll traction it is more effective to have ABS. Most people can't differ the pressure applied to the pedal in small enough increments for them to match ABS capabilities. Just my observations through Traffic Accident Investigation course and Anti-Terrorist High risk driving courses.

On a side note, it would be cool to be able to power slides whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 00_shortbed View Post
    Ok i want to remove my abs from my 2000 scsb chevy and just run straight brake lines. My question is if i do will it bother anything engine or tranny wise? I removed it from a 98 chevy that i once had and it was pretty simple, will it be the same for a 2000?
    what did you have to do to remove it from your 98? i'm looking to do away with my ABS during my LS1 swap. since i'm running the LS ECU i shouldn't have to worry about the light.

id rather have no abs on a performance vehicle then have abs. the younger crowd probably never drove without abs but the older ones have driven with abs and usually know how to stop without abs. alot of the abs used today blow anyways in many situations
    Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    I understand this, however, without a LOT of practice with no ABS, a majority of people will revert to just mashing on the brake pedal in emergency situations. With it only taking the slightest difference in pressure between full lock-up and maximum roll traction it is more effective to have ABS. Most people can't differ the pressure applied to the pedal in small enough increments for them to match ABS capabilities. Just my observations through Traffic Accident Investigation course and Anti-Terrorist High risk driving courses.

On a side note, it would be cool to be able to power slides whenever you want.
    412 Motorsports

shouldnt be much involved. remove the abs block and run new lines. some ppl remove the box and connect lines together.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM Graphics View Post
    what did you have to do to remove it from your 98? i'm looking to do away with my ABS during my LS1 swap. since i'm running the LS ECU i shouldn't have to worry about the light.
    412 Motorsports

+ Reply to Thread