+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what do i have to do to bolt a 6.0 to my 4l60e in my 1500??

what do i have to do to bolt a 6.0 to my 4l60e in my 1500??

i have a 1999 gmc sierra reg cab short bed. i have a 1999 6.0 for it. and now im trying to put it in and bolt it to the tranny i have until i build a 4l80e for it. i have the 4l60e now. the flex plates look a little different. and if i use the 5.3 stuff on the 6.0 the starter wont hit the flexplate it i dont think. HELP!! haha just wondering if im missing something or if i need some type of conversion kit. THANKS GUYS!!!!

measure how far the crank sticks out from the back of the engine on the 5.3 vs the 6.0L. The early 6.0s had a longer crankshaft and will not interchange with the 5.3 unless it has a removable spacer stuck to the back of the crank. Some say it exists on some engines but I've personally never seen one. If you put the 6L in there with the long crank you'll be forced to go ahead and swap to the 80e, too. You can use an older 60e with the 6L/long crank engine. The 6L flexplate that came with it that is flat will work with the factory starter from the 5.3.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

ok. yes the flexplate will work but then the 60e torque converter wont bolt to it. so im gonna have to swap to the 80e now i guess. do you know if my transfercase will bolt to a 80e?? or if theres any way possible to get that motor to bolt to the 60e?? i dont think there is a spacer on my engine it looks like its the crank...

+ Reply to Thread