+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 96 z71 backfire

If it has a MAF sensor get some MAF cleaner and wash that baby down.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

ill see about going to his house and makin a video of what it is doing today... tried 2 different distributors.. number 3 spark plug is soaked with gas.. cranks right up.. just misses a lil and when u give it a little gas it sounds like a damn gunshot... timing has been done over and over... another guy said it could be his harness.. well it is not that.. ill see if i can get a video up in a couple of days..

2005 CCSB Silverado- 5.3
    Airaid CAI
    True Dual Exhaust
    NPTune
    3.73 Yukon Duragrip limited Slip Diff.

Could also try the misted water with a spray bottle to find any arcing.
    2013 CC 5.3
    81 C10 LS1 project

I would say after 2 distributors (why would you think a distributor would only affect the #3 cylinder?) and assuming you swapped out the spark plug wire for #3 that its very safe to say that you DO NOT have an ignition problem. The coil WILL NOT only affect #3 either.
    Time to move on to fuel delivery. Shorted output on PCM to #3 injector causing it to stay on. (injector node light will rule that out) Injector #3 is mechanically sticking open.

No other sensors would cause just #3 cylinder to be affected.

Yea I had a buddy come over thats pretty good with electrical and he took a test light and found a spot on the plug that goes on the injectors that he thought was bad so I went my parts truck cut off the big injector plug spliced it into my harness.... And still missing on number 3... And intake gaskets are good...

My moms 98 Suburban with the Vortec 5.7 does something similar....number 3 miss. Normally only does it when at temp and with the AC on at a stop.

We replaced everything. New injectors, new injector spider, new plugs, new wires, new cap, new rotor, new distributor and still have the damn missfire. Ive been trying to get her to get rid of the POS and get something newer that gets better than 12mpg. She's in love with the truck so now I have moved to trying to talk her into letting us swap a 5.3 or 6.0 in and get rid of that POS 5.7.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

too many posts to read back, did you do a compression check? Do a leak down test with the rocker arms backed off.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

After 4 e-tron distributor caps put a acdelco on it and it's now fixed! Thanks for all the help

+ Reply to Thread