+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pcv

Pcv

What's everybody doing for their PVC system on their turbo builds?

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

-12 bung off each valve cover to its each breather/catch can
    Ls6 valley cover with -6 venting
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Can you elaborate a little more, I've never setup a pcv system before. Like what pasrts do I need and a little more on the catch can. And do I need to do the ls6 valley cover, if so how do I go about that as well. Thanks George

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

have someone tig 2 bungs to the valve covers. 1 to each one. you can pick up the bungs for 6 bucks thru summit. get some 90s to screw onto the fittings then a hose to the catchcan. i used aeromotive fuel line but ive used heater hose before.

i recomend the ls6 valley for genIII and Ls2/ls7 valley for the GenIv motors anytime possible. it helps let the motor breath. to install it, its straight forward. remove the old valley cover insert the new one. then route the vent accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
    Can you elaborate a little more, I've never setup a pcv system before. Like what pasrts do I need and a little more on the catch can. And do I need to do the ls6 valley cover, if so how do I go about that as well. Thanks George
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

i just have a breather filter on the driver side and a hose connected to the nipple on the passenger side valve cover and ran it down to vent underneath the truck
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

Samething as chevy power has. Or you can run that hose to a can.

With a boosted setup You should route to a catch can as you will push oil. If just breather you can have a fire by having oil landing on headers

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    With a boosted setup You should route to a catch can as you will push oil. If just breather you can have a fire by having oil landing on headers
    good point...i may just gut a pcv valve and run a hose from it to underneath the truck
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

I'm going to have -10 AN hose coming off each valve cover into a catch can. For the driver's side I used a 10 AN to 3/4" NPT tapped and epoxied into the PCV valve hole. For the passenger side, I drilled and tapped a solid replacement oil cap I got from rockauto for a -10 AN to 1/2" NPT fitting. I may also drill and tap the factory valley cover for a -6 AN or 3/8" barb fitting instead of getting an LS6 cover.
    Big slow mud truck with a TUNE!!!!!!

Use stock air box.
    Install a fitting below air filter. (pre air filter)
    Route the line from passenger side front valve cover. ( this hose use to go to tbody) tbody port must be capped.
    Inside air box put a small filter on line.
    Now install a 1 way check valve in the current pcv line. Arrow points towards engine.
    This set up will keep pcv intact. Keep you from smelling any oil etc.
    ----
    Problem with set up. Mist don't like the stock air box.
    That's one way.

------
    Or if you don't want to use the stock style air box.
    Route passenger side valve cover hose to either against your cone air filter or all the way low side of engine.
    Install small filter on line.
    One wah check valve is still needed on the pcv line.

What both option do is gives your inlet line filtered air. Check valve stops boost from getting into the crankcase. But allows the pcv system to work properly while cruising.
    It I suppose to pull fresh air through your engine to get rid of the bad air.

And when is boost any oil vapor atbthe little filter either it's low and don't matter or gets pulled into the stock filter.

+ Reply to Thread