+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 1992 4X4 Blazer Build

Quote Originally Posted by Minime168 View Post
    Harness comes in tomorrow! Thanks nelsons!

Still worried the 4x4 isn't going to work out since the transmission is from a 2wd avalanche. :/ anyone got a fix or suggestion in getting the new 2wd tp mate to the old NP241 t case?
    uhhh, i saw extreem 4x4 cut the back off a 4x2 tans and convert it... i dont know how they did it, and all of that stuff though, but if you go on powerblocktv.com, and go to extreem 4x4 you should be able to find something, if not go into the forum, and ask around. lol, i was really wandering about the trans, i saw the back of it and was thinking, "ummm, how does the transfer case matee to that"

hey im doing a similar swap. i have a 96 4wd 2 door tahoe and i just picked up a 5.3 from a 2005 avalanche. how easy is it to convert the dbw to the cable?
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

Quote Originally Posted by myzterray View Post
    hey im doing a similar swap. i have a 96 4wd 2 door tahoe and i just picked up a 5.3 from a 2005 avalanche. how easy is it to convert the dbw to the cable?

First thanks I'll check that out, if it doesn't work I'll just make her a 4x2. Oh well

Second it's not hard at all. The throttle bodies are interchangeable you just have to move a vacuum hose. The computer needs different programming and the wiring harness needs TPS and IAC provisions. If you're ordering a harness just order it with them on. Other then that it's. Bolt on!

The 2wd output shaft will be too long once you remove the tail shaft. You would need a 4x4 output shaft.
    Also your 92 700r4 transfer case adapter will be a four bolt, and that 4L60e is a 6 bolt. You can get a 6 bolt adapter fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlackC3 View Post
    The 2wd output shaft will be too long once you remove the tail shaft. You would need a 4x4 output shaft.
    Also your 92 700r4 transfer case adapter will be a four bolt, and that 4L60e is a 6 bolt. You can get a 6 bolt adapter fairly easily.
    Yeah I'm noticing that. I think I'm just going 4x2. I live in Texas. I'm fine without it. It's just another thing to add weight and break

Got her mounted today! fuel lines ran and everything. Now just waiting for new drive shaft and headers then getting the exhaust built. should be a productive week.

shout out to Binks fabrication for the ecm mount!

Last edited by Minime168; 10-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.

awesome build man! where did you order the ecu mount and the a/c bracket? also. are u running the original lm7 a/c condenser or the sanden 508?
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

Your gonna need to get a new tailhousing and output shaft installed.

Edit* Somehow missed Pitchs response.
    Last edited by tanz45; 10-18-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    2013 CC 5.3
    81 C10 LS1 project

Thanks man! The ac brackets from dirty dingo and the ECM bracket is from binks fabrication. They both did a great job. I'll be using the r4 compressor from my 350. Stock on the truck. And im going 2wd so I don't need a new tail housing or shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Minime168 View Post
    Thanks man! The ac brackets from dirty dingo and the ECM bracket is from binks fabrication. They both did a great job. I'll be using the r4 compressor from my 350. Stock on the truck. And im going 2wd so I don't need a new tail housing or shaft
    oh ok i definately want to run a/c in my truck with the swap. I have a 96 so my compressor is different. im trying to decide if i should keep the compressor on the ls and just notch the frame or should i order a bracket and go with a set up like urs. im pretty sure i can find a pre 96 compressor pretty cheap because they also came o the camaros.

+ Reply to Thread