Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need new tires

Quote Originally Posted by tanz45 View Post
    Remember my last tire quote?
    The one about rubbers?
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

How do y'all feel about Michelin tires?

Sams club by my parents house has a deal going on for the Latitude Tour tires...somewhere around $150-$160 each. I would have to drop down to 265/60-18, but thats really not all that big of a change at all. At 2000 RPM in 4th it drops me 1.5mph.
    http://michelinman.com/tire-selector...r/tire-details

Even if these are not really well liked, moving down to 265/60 gives me a lot more options, and a lot better prices.
    T-RAV

Bump.....anyone have suggestions in 265/60? Anyone know anything about the Michelins?

Come on this deal doesnt last much longer and I want some info!
    T-RAV

Michelins are a well built long lasting tire. Of the thousands of tires I've done, they ALWAYS balanced up the nicest. How they perform, is beyond me though.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Michelins are a well built long lasting tire. Of the thousands of tires I've done, they ALWAYS balanced up the nicest. How they perform, is beyond me though.
    Well stating the first of November I will be driving the truck a whole lot less....I'll be driving the wifes car to work and she will be driving the truck...so in all honesty a good long lasting tire thats gonna be safe and get her from A to B with the least problems is gonna be the best. I think Im gonna jump on these Michelins based on the reviews I have read online about them.

I was doing some thinking last night and realized that a "performance" tire really does no good anymore...I already smoke the "top of the line" BFG's that are on it at will...what difference is a highway tread gonna make?
    T-RAV

Just talked to the guys at Sams....$154/tire which with mounting and balancing would put me at around $680+tax.
    T-RAV

I have always heard good things about michelin's. I had some on my jeep those things looked new after 5 months and 15,000 miles.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Michelins are good. Just dont smoke em up and you should get a lot of miles out of them
    2000 Chevy rcsb 5.3, 4L80E, 3.43 G80, P&P heads, Isky tripple 12, EFI LIVE

+ Reply to Thread