+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: my first ls swap 1996 2 door Tahoe 4wd 385 Stroker to LQ4 cam headers **pics**

**********update***********

still waiting to get an ls engine. til then heres my upgraded led dash lights!

96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

the day has come!!! finally picked up a lm7 from a 2004 avalanche from craigslist for $500 complete from intake to oil pan and with the harness and fuse box. will finish pulling the stroker out this weekend. will post pics

Last edited by myzterray; 10-14-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

ok so i just picked up my engine earlier today. it fit right in the back of my 2 door with no prob. heres a couple pics of the engine in the trunk

tommorow i will finish pulling the stroker out. and start to clean up the lm7. only thing that i dont have for the engine is the computer. so i gotta find a computer. any ideas guys?

NICE TRUCK! there is this guy in my neiborhood with a tahoe/blazer like that, but its lowers about 4 inches, with flat black corvette wheels, a black grill (well that area rite around the grill that is normally chrome, but you know what i mean) then a chrome mesh insert, and it looks MEAN. i have no idea what all he did to the engine though. (lol.) but yeah... i would think converting it to rear wheel drive would be a HUGE pain, because you have to replace the entire front suspension, ansd fron axle, then either chop up, or replace the trans, toss the transfer case in the trash, tke out an entire cross member, order a new drive shaft, and im sure a few other things... but if you can find the time, and a cheap parts truck, i guess it is worth it, you will have a few more RWHP, less weight, and better mileage... but thats just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by myzterray View Post
    tommorow i will finish pulling the stroker out. and start to clean up the lm7. only thing that i dont have for the engine is the computer. so i gotta find a computer. any ideas guys?
    i would think ebay would have a ton of them, and every one that i have seen on ebay has been like 300 bucks or less. but, you know...

and great, you got the engine in your truck... just not in the right spot... LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by smithkid1996 View Post
    NICE TRUCK! there is this guy in my neiborhood with a tahoe/blazer like that, but its lowers about 4 inches, with flat black corvette wheels, a black grill (well that area rite around the grill that is normally chrome, but you know what i mean) then a chrome mesh insert, and it looks MEAN. i have no idea what all he did to the engine though. (lol.) but yeah... i would think converting it to rear wheel drive would be a HUGE pain, because you have to replace the entire front suspension, ansd fron axle, then either chop up, or replace the trans, toss the transfer case in the trash, tke out an entire cross member, order a new drive shaft, and im sure a few other things... but if you can find the time, and a cheap parts truck, i guess it is worth it, you will have a few more RWHP, less weight, and better mileage... but thats just my 2 cents...
    yea i think it will be worth it in the end. i think if i can find a 2dr parting out i should be ok. i drove my truck in 4wd last week to drive in the rain and when i stopped i could smell burnt trans fluid. see if i u can get a pic of that truck i would love to see it. i plan to lower mine only about 2 inches for now. install some kind of suspension upgrades (sway barts etc) because a turn in either direction going faster than 15mph feels like im falling over i hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by smithkid1996 View Post
    i would think ebay would have a ton of them, and every one that i have seen on ebay has been like 300 bucks or less. but, you know...

and great, you got the engine in your truck... just not in the right spot... LMAO

yea isnt there somewhere that i can tell them what im doing to my engine and they send me a ready tuned pcm? i plan to change the DBW to throttle cable.

yea i think it will be worth it in the end. i think if i can find a 2dr parting out i should be ok. i drove my truck in 4wd last week to drive in the rain and when i stopped i could smell burnt trans fluid. see if i u can get a pic of that truck i would love to see it. i plan to lower mine only about 2 inches for now. install some kind of suspension upgrades (sway barts etc) because a turn in either direction going faster than 15mph feels like im falling over i hate it.
    i will try to post pics today, but i dont know what all we will be doing, and he parks it in the garage 9 out of 10 times, but i will get a pic. next time i see it. what kind of mileage? does it allready have the new engine and everything in?

yeah, we have a 1995 suburban 4x4 with about a 3 inch lift, and it feels really safe, but it's a 3/4 ton, so stiffer suspension. maybey that would be an option, swap the silverado 2500 springs, it will feel more stayble, and handle better.

yea isnt there somewhere that i can tell them what im doing to my engine and they send me a ready tuned pcm? i plan to change the DBW to throttle cable.
    uhhh, i have heard about LS1swap.com a lot, might check there... i think its "ls1 swap.com" atleast...

must not be it... hold on for one min...
    Last edited by smithkid1996; 10-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.

ok, cant you take it to some high end performance shops, and get it tuned, and reprogramed and everything? i haven't really had to deal with computers much, so, yeah... lol. i only really work on old cars 95% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread