+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lm7 swap help

Lm7 swap help

I got my 5.3 in my 96 Sierra. Problem how do I snug tranny up to block so I can bolt it up. It's on motor mounts bolts in. Just about an inch away from trans to block to bolt up. Tried using longer bolts and ended up with a stripped bolt.

What trans are you using
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

4l60e from 96

Dont use the bolts to close the gap thats a big no no, im not saying that i haven't done that but definately ill advised. So back to your issue, is the converter properly seated (not hitting the flex plate) also are your guide pins lined up to the proper holes, your converter could be hitting the motor make sure it is still spinning freely if it gets wedged and you force the trans against the motor without the converter being properly seated it will crush the front pump. Did the converter make the infamous 3 clunks during install?
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

Sounds like you have the wrong motor mount adapter plates. Are you using the 0" offset plates or the 1" offset plates?

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2wd, 100% internally stock 305, w/twin T-3 junkyard turbos,Ramjet intake w/42lb inj,12200411 PCM. 4675lbs w/me in it. Best time in 5 passes 13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    Sounds like you have the wrong motor mount adapter plates. Are you using the 0" offset plates or the 1" offset plates?

Jeff
    1 inch offset and how do u turn torque converter and which direction???

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    Dont use the bolts to close the gap thats a big no no, im not saying that i haven't done that but definately ill advised. So back to your issue, is the converter properly seated (not hitting the flex plate) also are your guide pins lined up to the proper holes, your converter could be hitting the motor make sure it is still spinning freely if it gets wedged and you force the trans against the motor without the converter being properly seated it will crush the front pump. Did the converter make the infamous 3 clunks during install?
    Word...
    It will mushroom the slot in the pump gears where the converter should engage. Makes it impossible for the converter to fully engage without the pump gears being replaced.

Converter spins freely. Took long bolts out stripped one had to use grip-tite socket to get out. Back to my dilemma will spinning torque converter close the gap if so which direction do I spin it.??? So close yet so far away!?!?!?

Sorry man spinning the converter is only to ensure that it is not in a bind, it should spin either direction, but its not gonna help your problem, do you have to move the trans mounts on this swap? What i would do is pull the motor and trans out, bolt them together, install the motor and trans together then make your mounts for the trans fit, possibly need your driveshaft lengthened afterwards, sorry im not much help dont know much about this year body style swap.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

sounds like you need to move your motor back 1 inch. is the trans still bolted to the cross member? on some motor mounts you have to slide the trans forward 1 inch and drill new holes in the frame.

+ Reply to Thread