+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 03 sierra 4.3 to 5.3 swap(i need help)

You have to use an 03+ harness, because yes, there is differences.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I repined the plug as pictured at the beginning of this thread to match each other. I also had to put a neutral safety switch plug on the harness since it had been cut off. So basically I have to get an 03+ harness and dbw stuff as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 00_Silverado_Z71 View Post
    I'm going to tell you this now i'm in the process of doing a v6 - v8 swap in my 04 and its damn near impossible to try and make a 99-02 harness fit an 03+ truck and its more trouble than its worth to try and keep the cable driven throttle body. I tried and tried everything I could possibly think of to make this work and it just isn't worth it. Get yourself a harness from an 03+ truck and the drive by wire stuff and save yourself the headache trust me. The pin outs for the 99-02 harness are different from the 03+ so they do not work when you plug in the 99-02 pcm my truck did all kinds of weird stuff because nothing is pinned right in the wiring harness compared to the 03+ in the truck already.
    Just do as he says lol, we have already went through this on his truck, harness,dbw tb,tac module, and pedal ur best bet is to pull it from a salvage yard and dont forget the harness from the pedal to the tac module. Btw putting the pedal in sucks.

Hahaha yeah I pulled the harness today, took some pics will post later and I can see why it won't work. Oh well now I know, hope to look for the dbw stuff tomorrow

ok in this pic is the motor side of my 99-02 harness the screws into the fuse box

this is a pic of my actual fuse box...

notice the difference? looks like about half of what should be there is...
    so i pulled the harnes today and im shipping it back to the guy i got it from. he said he has a 03+ harness that he will trade me (since i paid 150 for this one) and hopefully the guy he had tune me ecu for cable will just swap this ecu for another.... if not im going with nelson or a guy my buddy knows around here. priced out the pedal, harness, tac module, and dbw throttle today ( about 200 bucks). i really hope to have it running by november cause im going to a show to benifit breast canser. my mom is going with me and she has stage 4, so i really need to get this going so she can roll up in something thats gonna be in the show. if i missed anything please chime in....

Quote Originally Posted by lowslung85 View Post
    Just do as he says lol, we have already went through this on his truck, harness,dbw tb,tac module, and pedal ur best bet is to pull it from a salvage yard and dont forget the harness from the pedal to the tac module. Btw putting the pedal in sucks.
    My pedal just bolted in.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

That'd be awesome if mine will just bolt in. But the way my luck is going probably not. Haha all good though. I really hope it works after this!!!

some do and some dont devin, we just welded simons in
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Is thee a difference between 03-06 in the tac module, pedal and harness. Or are the all the same? Does it have to come out of a truck or does it even matter?

TAC modules are one of those things that should be year specific to the tune. I'm running an 05 calibration, so I'm running an 05 TAC. Physically on the outside they're all the same. As far as the trucks go.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread