+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help....need a balancer installer

help....need a balancer installer

so i sold the asp crank pulley removal was fine,,but im trying to install the oem crank pulley back on ...ive done this like 10x already im tired of using a 2x4 and mosso...who can over night me a balancer install tool?
    another thing i usually have the bolt turn in a couple of times then just do it with a impact and goes on fine...but damm alot of shavings came out with the bolt,the bolt doesnt look in good shape..it turned in like 3 times when i tried tightening it,it just slipped and turned

im hoping its just a bolt,will get a new one.i got like 1/2 an inch to go in more.

i want the install tool too!

on another note anyone hear of anybody stripping the crank threads?scary to even think about ,but when my crank bolt turned in 3x stopped then tightened and slipped...i got sumthin to think about

I always heat mine with a torch and it slips right on. Sorry I don't have a tool.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Quote Originally Posted by GMCwantsLS1 View Post
    I always heat mine with a torch and it slips right on. Sorry I don't have a tool.
    sorry forgot to mention i did that as well but using one of those butane torch....

Don't know about overnighting, but I know dirt track racer has those installer tools over on pt.
    Derrick ; truck stolen

im screwed,,,i had another crank bolt laying there tried it,went in good by hand...it stopped then i tried by breaker bar and it turned turned then slipped broke loose again!F***...this sucks...its still got about a little less than half an inch to line up ....shavings are coming out as well.....
    i want to get this pulley all the way lined up and go from there...ill keep messing it up i guess lol

got the pully lined up all the way..bolt grabbed at the very end i guess..the asp didnt have to go in as far as the oem ..damm what a pita

ill look him up thanks

crank pulley issues are a bear, mine is hillbilly pinned and welded, and the bolt is welded to the pulley. good times with beer.
    procharger p1sc, nelson tune, 42# marine injectors, walbro 255, lt's, ory, 4" volant cat back, PerformaBuilt level 2 pro race trans, trans. cooler with e fan, 2500 stall, aem wideband, energy bushings, spohn perf. trailing and panhard rods, mb & gear alloy 22's ( ya 2 sets, im big ballin), ss brake lines, drilled & slotted rotors, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla,
    and ya it will beat a hemi.

I know the GM (Kent-Moore) installer is just a M16 (I think?) threaded rod with a round socket looking thing, nut and washer, thread the rod into the crank, install the round looking socket over the rod, washer, then nut. 2 24mm wrenches to hold one nut and rotate the other on the threaded rod to push the crank pulley on. I imagine you could get some threaded rod, use an axle nut socket or something around 30mm with the same type of setup and it should work fine. Got lucky when I put mine on the LS6. Tapped it on with a deadblow enough to get a few turns of the bolt and impacted it on with no issue.
    2000 Chevy Silverado RCSB LS6 5 speed, LS6 short block, 317 heads, LS6 intake, Lunati 220/224 .575/.575 112LSA cam, Edelbrock Headers, CTS-V accessory drive, Nelson Performance Custom Tune.

I just realized this thread was 7 months old. But anyways, I cut an old bolt under the head, welded it to another bolt, cut a length of pipe to fit over the bolt and long enough to get a good half inch of thread used a washer that was big enough to not fit through the balanced hole. Looked something like this. --::::|
    Last edited by AFSP1211; 04-19-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Opened my eyes

Lol I ended up buying the installer from Texas speed for 65 bucks and works badass!

+ Reply to Thread