+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4l80E PROBLEMS. CONVERTER, CLUTCHES, LOCKUP? WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS?

4l80E PROBLEMS. CONVERTER, CLUTCHES, LOCKUP? WHO KNOWS WHAT IT IS?

Just recently my truck does this wierd slipping jolting motion when you apply more than about a 1/4 throttle. It almost feels like it is in gear then it slips out of gear then back in. It is definately more noticeable in 1st gear from a dead stop. I haven't had the 80e in that long, maybe 500 miles on it. The truck feels way slower now. I don't know what the hell it is but it is frusterating as . Could it be the stock verter, clutches valve body going out? Also the trans has been leaking alot. I think it's coming from the front of the trans...could it be the pump? Yes I do check and fill the fluid regularly so I don't think the prob is from low fluid levels.
    Anybody know?
    Last edited by Moderator; 08-23-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    2007 GMT900 CCSB 5.3 VTS2300 Twin Screw Supercharger, Doug Thorley LT's, True 3" Duals into Dynomax Race Bullets, Nelson Tune, 4L80e w/transgo HD2-D, Truetrac, 4.10 r&p
    Need list: Stall, PLX 200 for my crappy AFR, X-pipe, GM 20's.

Tear it down and check it out. It may be a sticking pressure relief valve hanging open. Take it to a transmission shop and have them diagnose it.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Tough to tell from that post. Someone here or at a trans shop needs to experience the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris092183 View Post
    Just recently my truck does this wierd slipping jolting motion when you apply more than about a 1/4 throttle. It almost feels like it is in gear then it slips out of gear then back in. It is definately more noticeable in 1st gear from a dead stop. I haven't had the 80e in that long, maybe 500 miles on it. The truck feels way slower now. I don't know what the hell it is but it is frusterating as . Could it be the stock verter, clutches valve body going out? Also the trans has been leaking alot. I think it's coming from the front of the trans...could it be the pump? Yes I do check and fill the fluid regularly so I don't think the prob is from low fluid levels.
    Anybody know?
    Could it be servo goin bad? Where doea the leak appearto be coming from? Front or rear of trans?

Ok, so i recently found out that you must use the longer fitting for the rear cooler lines in 97' and up 80e's. I did not initially install this fitting. I removed the 60e fitting and put the correct fitting in. My truck no longer does the jolting,slipping out of gear thing but my clutches and/or converter is/are definately burnt up. I was hoping the rear cooler line would fix all the probsbut due to the lack of fluid in the rear of the case I was reluctant that my internals would still be good. My truck still feels slow. Time for a rebuild.
    2007 GMT900 CCSB 5.3 VTS2300 Twin Screw Supercharger, Doug Thorley LT's, True 3" Duals into Dynomax Race Bullets, Nelson Tune, 4L80e w/transgo HD2-D, Truetrac, 4.10 r&p
    Need list: Stall, PLX 200 for my crappy AFR, X-pipe, GM 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris092183 View Post
    Ok, so i recently found out that you must use the longer fitting for the rear cooler lines in 97' and up 80e's. I did not initially install this fitting. I removed the 60e fitting and put the correct fitting in. My truck no longer does the jolting,slipping out of gear thing but my clutches and/or converter is/are definately burnt up. I was hoping the rear cooler line would fix all the probsbut due to the lack of fluid in the rear of the case I was reluctant that my internals would still be good. My truck still feels slow. Time for a rebuild.
    uhhh yeah its definitely broken if you didnt use that!
    its just a turbo 5.3 that a couple of kids threw together

01 silverado

09 cobalt ss

+ Reply to Thread