+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: o2 extension

o2 extension

i got some LT headers for the 82 c10 but the o2 sensors connectors are not gonna reach in there new location, can i extend the wires or do i have to get some o2 extensions harness?
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

anyone?

surely someone on here has a set of extensions they got with their header kit and didn't need. Post up in the wanted section here and on PT.net
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Just extend the wires, it wont hurt anything...

cool thanks! i just was not sure if it would throw a dtc. ill just extend the wiring ,that will help shorthen the down time.

Be sure you do one wire at a time since two of the wires are the same color, usually. Not sure if you get them backwards if it will affect sensor performance but why risk it.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I have ONE F-car extension I'll sell cheap to someone I know but that doesn't really help I guess.

I thought the voltage readings were so sensitive that extending them by means other than actual extensions (ie: soldering, crimping, etc.) would throw the readings off...?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    I thought the voltage readings were so sensitive that extending them by means other than actual extensions (ie: soldering, crimping, etc.) would throw the readings off...?
    That's what GM tells us minus the soldring part, that always been a no go. If you read the description and operation you'd think the O2 sensor system is MAGIC.

Here's an excerpt from SI....

"Notice: Do not solder repairs under any circumstances as this could result in the air reference being obstructed.

If the heated oxygen sensor pigtail wiring, connector, or terminal is damaged the entire oxygen sensor assembly must be replaced. Do not attempt to repair the wiring, connector, or terminals. In order for the sensor to function properly it must have a clean air reference. This clean air reference is obtained by way of the oxygen sensor signal and heater wires. Any attempt to repair the wires, connectors or terminals could result in the obstruction of the air reference and degrade oxygen sensor performance."

See?

MAGIC

I honestly think they are referring to repair of the wiring from the connector to the sensor. I can't imagine that they bring air into the sensor from the wiring.

+ Reply to Thread