+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need some specifics for 6.0 and 80e swap

need some specifics for 6.0 and 80e swap

finally getting ready to do some shopping for my engine and tranny swap.

specifically though, what are some things that i need to look out for as far as the year models and vehicles that i find the engine and tranny out of?

i have a 2000 ecsb with the 5.3.

i've heard that after 03 (i think) the fuel lines went from return style to returnless.
    i also know that somewhere in there they went from drive by cable to drive by wire.

i'm looking for as little hassle as possible, but if i got a newer engine, what could be done about these changes? is a matter of swapping the fuel rails, or is more in depth?

i would like to keep the drive by cable set up. also as far as the driveshaft and xmember for the 80e. i've read that you can just use the ones from a 2500 hd (as long as its ec) and the length and fit would be good. any light shed there would be great also.

thanks guys, i plan on asking more questions too as i get deeper into the swap.
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

bump

You can still use your entire intake setup on the 6.0. Just check to make sure the 5.3 injectors are not a lower flow than the 6.0 injectors. If so I would swap the injectors and use your current intake. Someone else will have to chime in on the drive shaft and x-member part of the question.
    99' Silverado RCSB Z71: 5.7L Iron LS1, 11.2:1, Custom EPS Cam, Ported 862's,Ported TB, E-Bay Cold Air, E-Bay Long Tubes, Dynomax X-Pipe Exhaust, Electric Fans, Innovative LC-1, Self Built 4L60E, Circle D Pro Single Disc, 4:10 ValueTrac

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7887&dateline=1270435  715

Quote Originally Posted by country_3030 View Post
    You can still use your entire intake setup on the 6.0. Just check to make sure the 5.3 injectors are not a lower flow than the 6.0 injectors. If so I would swap the injectors and use your current intake. Someone else will have to chime in on the drive shaft and x-member part of the question.
    so would that hold true for any 6.0 from 00-06?
    i knew the intake would work, but you are just saying i should be able to swap the fuel rails with it, and i wouldn't have to worry about return or returnless on the new motor?

i guess i could assume that since i'm using the same intake, i could just as well use my 5.3 throttle body, and wouldn't have any problems keeping the drive by cable set up?

Basically what you want to do is just swap long blocks. Might even be cheaper that way. Just take everything of the 5.3 and swap it over to the 6.0. The only time that wont work quite right is if they ever made a 6.0 with VVT-and Im not sure if they ever did. You will need a tune though, no matter what you end up using.

Here is my thread that I made after my swap to help anyone else out:

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/139486.htm

Someone else can hopefully answer your 4l80e questions, as I opted for a built 4l60e.

2003 Silverado 1500 -Brand New CRATE 6.0L w/ K&N Cold Air Intake, Camburg Race Front Hub Kit, CST Long Travel Kit, Fabricated Lift Spindles, Eaton Locker, 4.56 Gears, 35" BFG A/Ts, Full Fox Suspension, Welded Shock Tower, Deaver Leaf Pack, Custom Fenders and Bumpers, etc, etc.

+ Reply to Thread