+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need some help

I need some help

When I start my truck cold (in the mornings or when I leave work) when it Idles it misses like crazy. It will almost kill the truck. I have a check engine light on so I need to go to vato zone to see what it is but last time it was the rear o2. Which has me stumped because I think nelson done a o2 delete in the rears. I just put new TR6 plugs in and no change. After it warms up its fine just at cold start. Could this be tune related? Any help whould be great.

Its totally tune related. Allen really messed by truck up when he tuned it.

Seriously guy? Go check the code and then come ask.

Did it start acting up right after the tune or when?
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Pretty good chance it'll be a misfire code. Check all your plug wires and coils (they do crack occasionally) and connectors at the coil pack. What did you gap your plugs too? Have you always ran a TR6, or did you try a colder plug thinking it'd solve a misfire?

It's a mechanical issue, nothing special about your truck that you'd have a one of a kind tune that may cause a pain in the ass issue like this.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I'm not trying to bad mouth Allan at all so don't take it that way.

But the codes are p0135, p0442, p0300. Will that bad o2 cause a misfire?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Pretty good chance it'll be a misfire code. Check all your plug wires and coils (they do crack occasionally) and connectors at the coil pack. What did you gap your plugs too? Have you always ran a TR6, or did you try a colder plug thinking it'd solve a misfire?

It's a mechanical issue, nothing special about your truck that you'd have a one of a kind tune that may cause a pain in the ass issue like this.
    Switched to colder plugs because of the 100 shot but I haven't got the nos wired up yet. I gaped them .035

P0135 is B1S1 O2 heater malfunction. P0442 is a small Evap leak detected. P0300 is a random misfire. When you cold start a vehicle it is in open loop so the O2 sensor will not cause your issue----Although, the cause for the code should still be diagnosed---Probably just a bad sensor. An Evap leak will not cause your issue----Although, the cause for that code should still be diagnosed---Probably time for a new gas cap. The cause of the P0300 is what you are feeling. It is "Most Likely" a spark issue (coil,plug,wire) or an injector acting up. Maybe your plugs too cold for your application.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2wd, 100% internally stock 305, w/twin T-3 junkyard turbos,Ramjet intake w/42lb inj,12200411 PCM. 4675lbs w/me in it. Best time in 5 passes 13.01@110

I changed both o2's out and the gas cap. That seamed to fix that problem I cleared the codes and haven't had another one pop back up (YET). Now im going to hunt down the misfire and weld on new exaust today.

What are the o2 readings at start up? Have you checked for a vacuum leak?

+ Reply to Thread