+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bought a nitrous kit did I get a good deal?

great steal. dont run a FPSS IMO.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

Quote Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
    great steal. dont run a FPSS IMO.
    ya, dont worry about one of those things!! i never ran one and didnt have any issues. just pay attention to how its running and to the wideband
    01 Silverado

Yep you'll notice it and let off probably just as quick as the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by 559 2TD View Post
    Yep you'll notice it and let off probably just as quick as the switch.
    or think "its running so good it can make it another 300 feet!!"

this yields poor results though....

but yeah dont worry about that thing. just keep an eye on afr
    its just a turbo 5.3 that a couple of kids threw together

01 silverado

09 cobalt ss

That is awfully cheap for a nitrous kit. The deals I see online are for almost or more than double that! Some prices I saw similar to your deal was just for the tank! Just be careful in using it you might get whiplash :p
    Last edited by abigaillozano; 08-21-2011 at 08:18 PM.

did the seller want money for syringes?

Jesus dude....you literally got the entire setup for less than what the bottle would cost you. What the hell is that thing on top of the bottle? Is that some sort of heater?

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...5&product=2875

as for the bracket, i have that bracket in my gto, however the dual nano/nitrous bracket. I paid like 300 dollars alone for that. The single bracket like that is 150 alone!

As for the fuel pressure safety switch.... I just looked around cause i thought i had a spare one, but no cigar Id probably get one just to be safe personally. I guess when i rip it, id rather have the benefit of the doubt if im not on top of watching the gauge the entire time.. Then again, if you already have the nice afr meter (thats calibrated and you let warm first correctly each time before you start the truck) youd probably be alright just watching the afr.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...=24&section=95 those little guys are pretty expensive!
    Last edited by BLACKLIST; 08-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.

It was on a friends 04 cobra he was selling and he told me if I wanted it just take it off and give him $250. But hell he makes 6 figures a year he could care less about losing money

02 Fully forged Iron Ls1 233/239 595/603 112lsa,
    milled, ported& polished heads,
    K&N CAI, shorty headers,
    off road x-pipe, Pypes M-80s dumped,
    TCI 3600 stall ,TransGo shift kit,
    True Trac w/3:73s, 4/6 drop,
    and a Fast LSXRT 102

i wish i had friends like that! lol

Killer deal!

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKLIST View Post
    did the seller want money for syringes?

Jesus dude....you literally got the entire setup for less than what the bottle would cost you. What the hell is that thing on top of the bottle? Is that some sort of heater?

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...5&product=2875

as for the bracket, i have that bracket in my gto, however the dual nano/nitrous bracket. I paid like 300 dollars alone for that. The single bracket like that is 150 alone!

As for the fuel pressure safety switch.... I just looked around cause i thought i had a spare one, but no cigar Id probably get one just to be safe personally. I guess when i rip it, id rather have the benefit of the doubt if im not on top of watching the gauge the entire time.. Then again, if you already have the nice afr meter (thats calibrated and you let warm first correctly each time before you start the truck) youd probably be alright just watching the afr.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...=24&section=95 those little guys are pretty expensive!

it's a fire and ice heater. supposed to manage the bottle pressure even more. never tried one and dont really care to. heat the bottle up and purge it down a little to the correct pressure.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

never looked into those. I just went with a nano kit myself. stays rock solid at optimal pressure.

+ Reply to Thread