+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with part number for fuel pump

help with part number for fuel pump

my 99 silverado fuel pump is bad, im looking to just replacing the pump not the bucket or fuel level sender. Does anyone know a part # that i need for the pump? is it available? or am i stuck buying the whole thing.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

You want to just replace it with a stock pump or aftermarket pump? Its pretty much the same cost for the aftermarket pumps as a stock pump. Recently people have been using the Aeromotive 340lph pump or of course there is the Walbro 255lph pump.

I dont know the PN for the Aeromotive pump, but most use gss340.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

i was just looking to replace it with a stock pump but it doesent really matter, ill get an aftermarket one if i have to. with the walbro you have to trim the bucket? i think ive read that prople have had problems because the bucket no longer holds fuel and hard launch or hard braking is a no no on 1/4 tank and below. is it a direct swap or have to trim the housing?

When I installed my walbro I did it with the whole new bucket made for the walbro so I cant answer that with personal experience for you. But as far as I know you need to trim the bucket for it to fit.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

has anyone with a walbro pump swap had fuel starvation when run low on fuel?

+ Reply to Thread