+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anybody have experience with spintech?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost05 View Post
    I'm running a single Spintech Sprint-trap (sprint car muffler) and I love the way it sounds, very aggrssive. As other's said it's damn loud, I ended up putting a side pipe on mine to quiet it down in the cab (ran it dumped for quite a while). I only get a drone when crusing at about 40-45. Otherwise since I put the side pipe on it, it is quite quiet in the cab until you hit the loud pedal.
    i bet that would be loud. i know for a while i had a single flowmaster 40 on mine that was SIDO and it was somewhat louder than my setup now. i'm thinking if i keep the true duals with two mufflers, it will be marginally quieter than running a SISO
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

Quote Originally Posted by NAREJEPP View Post
    but you say the 9000 doesn't pop or crackle throughout the entire rpm range? that was the biggest turn off for me with the flowmaster 10 series, which is why i never went that route. are you running any cats? i know mine popped quite a bit when i deleted the cats (still had the 40s on it) so i put them back on pretty quick.

i certainly don't mind going louder at all, in fact that's kinda what i am looking for, i just want to have it sound smooth still.
    You can't compare a Spintech to any other muffler. It's not a straight through, its not a chambered muffler like a flowmaster. It's just different. Every muffler is going to crackle or pop at a certain RPM with LT's and no cats. Mine doesn't do it often enough for me to notice and I have LT's, no cats, and full 3.5" exhaust.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    You can't compare a Spintech to any other muffler. It's not a straight through, its not a chambered muffler like a flowmaster. It's just different. Every muffler is going to crackle or pop at a certain RPM with LT's and no cats. Mine doesn't do it often enough for me to notice and I have LT's, no cats, and full 3.5" exhaust.
    ok, i'm currently still running cats and stock manifolds, all through 2.5" exhaust. i can't imagine it being a problem.

a couple of the local people i've talked to recommended the pro street 6000 series. can anyone chime in with experience there? or know how they compare to the 9000 series?

thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by NAREJEPP; 05-05-2011 at 04:12 PM.

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NAREJEPP View Post
    i bet that would be loud. i know for a while i had a single flowmaster 40 on mine that was SIDO and it was somewhat louder than my setup now. i'm thinking if i keep the true duals with two mufflers, it will be marginally quieter than running a SISO
    Loud but great sounding, it never pop or crackled, just screamed. Once I put the side pipe on I barley notice it unless I'm on it, from what I'm told tho it's still damn loud outside, hehe.

You can pick up used (they hold together real well) sprint traps off e-bay for pretty cheap just be warned you can only get them in 3" or 3 1/2" inlets.
    05 Gmc Sierra RCSB 5.3 - Vortech V2 Intercooled, BBK 80mm TB, Edlebrock shorties, Custom built 3" Catback W/Borla XR-1, GM Built HD 4l60e w/ transgo shift kit, power servo and corvette shift pin, Yank 2600 Stall TC, Belltech 2/4 drop, Doetsch Shocks, 3.73 gears w/yukon lsd

Import this has had two different models and love both of them...they are great imo... sound sexy as hell on cammed vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Boost05 View Post
    Loud but great sounding, it never pop or crackled, just screamed. Once I put the side pipe on I barley notice it unless I'm on it, from what I'm told tho it's still damn loud outside, hehe.

You can pick up used (they hold together real well) sprint traps off e-bay for pretty cheap just be warned you can only get them in 3" or 3 1/2" inlets.
    i'm looking to stick with the 2.5" inlets.

the guy i talked to at spintech said that he would recommend the 6000 series. but if the 9000 series is going to be louder and still sound good without popping then i think i might go that route.

i'm not going to be able to do it for another couple of weeks, but i'm just trying to get as much insight into it as i can, it would really suck to order them and then get them on and not like the sound.
    thanks everyone for the advice

keep it coming, still need an experienced word on the 9000 vs. the 6000 series.

+ Reply to Thread