+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anybody have experience with spintech?

anybody have experience with spintech?

I've been thinking about changing up my exhaust. right now it's a true dual, with cats, 2 flowmaster 40s, exit straight out the back.

i'm mostly just looking to take the 40s off and replace them with different mufflers that will sound better.

i've heard good things about the spintech mufflers, but have no experience with them and have not ever even heard any in person.

my question is, which spintech muffler would be fairly comparable to the 40s, as far as overall loudness? i'm just wanting something that will flow a little better and give a crisper, cleaner sound.

and i'm not necessarily stuck on the spintechs, so throw out some suggestions.

thanks.

one word. LOUD! usually sound awesome but only if you do in fact like loud.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Great sound. Very very loud both at idle and wot
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Retarded loud, but sound pretty good. Definitely a muffler you run a tailpipe with
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

ok, nice

i do actually like loud. what about highway cruising? do they drone alot on the highway?

also, i'm wanting them the have a smooth sound throughout the rpm range. i've heard some the crackle and pop near the top end, would the spintechs do that?

lastly, which spintech muffler is it that most use? like the model name or number.

thanks again, sorry for so many questions
    2000 ECSB 5.3L with K&N CAI, true duals with flowmaster 40s, and 200k miles!

Quote Originally Posted by NAREJEPP View Post
    ok, nice

i do actually like loud. what about highway cruising? do they drone alot on the highway?

also, i'm wanting them the have a smooth sound throughout the rpm range. i've heard some the crackle and pop near the top end, would the spintechs do that?

lastly, which spintech muffler is it that most use? like the model name or number.

thanks again, sorry for so many questions
    Mine dont crackle and pop. People use the SuperProStreet 9000. I can tell you one thing, if cops are a-holes around you or you need to keep a low profile, these are not for you. As far as driving, if you run a tailpipe (all the way, not dumped) you'll be fine. You can keep your conversation to a dull roar and hear each other. Seriously, IMO, don't get Spintechs until you've heard them somewhere.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    Mine dont crackle and pop. People use the SuperProStreet 9000. I can tell you one thing, if cops are a-holes around you or you need to keep a low profile, these are not for you. As far as driving, if you run a tailpipe (all the way, not dumped) you'll be fine. You can keep your conversation to a dull roar and hear each other. Seriously, IMO, don't get Spintechs until you've heard them somewhere.
    all i've been able to find were some exhaust clips on youtube and such, but those are never very helpful. the cop thing i don't think would be a problem, i don't hotrod it too often anyway. i plan to keep the dual pipes all the way out the back.

what about the pro street 6000 series? wouldn't those be quieter? it seems that the 9000 series is the spintech equivelent of the flowmaster 10 series. the smaller, louder version.

Quote Originally Posted by NAREJEPP View Post
    all i've been able to find were some exhaust clips on youtube and such, but those are never very helpful. the cop thing i don't think would be a problem, i don't hotrod it too often anyway. i plan to keep the dual pipes all the way out the back.

what about the pro street 6000 series? wouldn't those be quieter? it seems that the 9000 series is the spintech equivelent of the flowmaster 10 series. the smaller, louder version.
    I don't know. I've only had experience with the 9000.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

I'm running a single Spintech Sprint-trap (sprint car muffler) and I love the way it sounds, very aggrssive. As other's said it's damn loud, I ended up putting a side pipe on mine to quiet it down in the cab (ran it dumped for quite a while). I only get a drone when crusing at about 40-45. Otherwise since I put the side pipe on it, it is quite quiet in the cab until you hit the loud pedal.
    05 Gmc Sierra RCSB 5.3 - Vortech V2 Intercooled, BBK 80mm TB, Edlebrock shorties, Custom built 3" Catback W/Borla XR-1, GM Built HD 4l60e w/ transgo shift kit, power servo and corvette shift pin, Yank 2600 Stall TC, Belltech 2/4 drop, Doetsch Shocks, 3.73 gears w/yukon lsd

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I don't know. I've only had experience with the 9000.
    but you say the 9000 doesn't pop or crackle throughout the entire rpm range? that was the biggest turn off for me with the flowmaster 10 series, which is why i never went that route. are you running any cats? i know mine popped quite a bit when i deleted the cats (still had the 40s on it) so i put them back on pretty quick.

i certainly don't mind going louder at all, in fact that's kinda what i am looking for, i just want to have it sound smooth still.

+ Reply to Thread