+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LS1 Swap ... muffler questions

LS1 Swap ... muffler questions

Well...LS1 swap was a success, (NOW I NEED ADVICE).
    Question 1: I would love to hear everyone's opinion on which mufflers I should run on my 68 Chevy truck with a 5 speed standard with my true duel exhaust system without catalytic converters. I want it to be nice and loud outside when i HAMMER DOWN but i want to cruise and carry on a conversation while i go down' the highway. Price is a concern for me as this swap has drained Ft Knox of all play money. So lets hear it; LIKES & DISLIKES & WHY i should choose one over another. Flowmaster, Hooker, Summit, Thrush, Dynomax, Magnaflow, Borla, or a nice off brand, etc.
    THANKS!

I really like my muffler. Got it from here, nice and quiet until you hammer it down.http://www.aeroexhaust.com/
    The maganflow is also nice.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

The whole trick to running a loud muffler is to exit it some place outside the body lines. If the sounds can echo to the sheet metal from dumping it on the ground under the truck you will get a whole lot of noise passed back to the passenger area. Pay the extra for a tailpipe. I love my Magnaflow. Spintechs are getting popular, too.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    The whole trick to running a loud muffler is to exit it some place outside the body lines. If the sounds can echo to the sheet metal from dumping it on the ground under the truck you will get a whole lot of noise passed back to the passenger area. Pay the extra for a tailpipe. I love my Magnaflow. Spintechs are getting popular, too.
    But they're pretty much retarded loud regardless of where they exit. I've had mine in three places now. lol

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

+ Reply to Thread