+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P0449 code question

P0449 code question

So the check engine light came on on my 03 SS and it came up as a malfunction with the EVAP vent solenoid when I read it with my code reader. It seems like an easy fix, but im super busy with work so I dont really have time to deal with it at the moment atleast until sometime next week is it bad to drive the truck while its throwing that code? The reason I ask is becase its my DD. Its an 03 SSS with LTs catless Y pipe a nelson tune and other little things. I read somewhere I think that you can actually turn off the monitor that monitors that solenoid in the tune? If thats the case I cant see it being an urgent deal but I figured Id ask anyways!

take the line off at the canister and pull the line off at the solenoid and have a friend hold a white rag over it. blow through the line from the canster end and check for any black debris. if its clean then replace the solenoid if its full of crap from the charcoal canister you may need a new cainster. and no its not gonna hurt anything

if it has a leak it can make ur truck run lean, i had my system replaced at gm, its a recall on the 03 to 07 silverados, they relocate the system to under the hood, it cost me 350 out the door cause had to many miles

The ses light for the evaporate system can be turned off however, if u r referring to the Ready State Pass/Fail tests, then no, those can't be altered.

i Had the same code on my 03. bought the part from the dealer and light has not come on in 3 weeks. my light was on for 2.5yrs for that code. It was a pita to get at.

04 Grand Prix GTP
    03 Z71 wanting a Turbo ,Stall, and Tune BAD
    THE SURGEON GENERAL SAYS NOTHING ABOUT SMOKIN A FORD

+ Reply to Thread