+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3/th350c in 85 c10

5.3/th350c in 85 c10

Finally put my 5.3 in this week trying to figure out the alt. wiring and I should be good until my headers come in monday. I will try to take some detailed pictures of what modifications that are needed for f-body headers.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/album...achmentid=4235
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/album...achmentid=4233
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/album...achmentid=4236

Looks good!

nice! no mods are needed for the f-body headers, only the driver side collector has to be cut and welded at an angle.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

Thanks ..... What does the drivers side collector interfere with? I have to run all new exhaust was wondering if I could just modify the exhaust

the header collector hits the frame rail. have to cut it and weld it straight. camaro headers kick out on the driver side.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

Nice job, looks good.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Very nice! That truck is going to move out pretty good.
    Big slow mud truck with a TUNE!!!!!!

well finally got my headers on but they were a pain! I knew the drivers side needed to be cut and rewelded no big deal. what I didnt know is I had to modify the shifter linkage that wasn't even that bad when i got to the passenger side it took me a while to grind about 1/2 to 3/4 inch down the bottom of the frame rail for a distance of about 8-10 inches it rides the rail pretty close. About two days of work on and off going back and forth to have the headers tig welded. The passenger header is extremely close to the starter only about 1/8 clearance is this going to hurt? My thought was that these are camaro headers and the starter is in the same location on a camaro so should be alright but I dont know . Trying to get the truck to run now it keeps backfiring through the carb and I have tried all the timing curves. Talked to msd they said the engine isnt spinning over fast enough so I let it charge for 3-4 hours got it to run for a few minutes but runs rough. Will try again tomorrow any suggestions?

Finally got it running had the passenger side coil pack harness backwards runs pretty good but still have some running to do.

+ Reply to Thread