+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My Truck

well i finally got most of the stuff in for the fuel swap, i got the injectors cleaned and flow tested, looked good and are good as new now. got them in. the rails i bought wernt a direct fit but i got them bolted in with alittle moding. " i pray the injectors are lined up and sealed ok"? only thing i have left is to go from the passangers rail to the FPR, then take the bed off and mod the bucket and reroute the feed and return lines in the bucket.

One question tho what do i do with the stock FPR in the tank? ive read something awhile back about taking it out using a vice and slightly compressing it to raise the spring rate and just putting it back in? im hoping to finish it monday/tuseday then it should be ready to take to the Tuners
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the dyno chart was the 3rd to last pull he got about the same numbers on 12.2 psi so we left it there. runs like a bat outa hell

i regapped the plugs he was thinking it was getting alittle blowout. the truck seems to run smoother now i gapped them about .29-.30

what kind of tires would you guys reccomend say 31" to 33" on a 20" rim? im about due for tires. Also would a fresh rebuild and a shift kit support the new power in a 4l80e im thinking of having it done this summer, along with tru-trac

sounds like i maybe lowering the truck back own a bit, gunna remove the rear block and put the purple keys in and run a 30" tire.... should look clean

Truck looks great!
    I am new to the site and doing my first swap. If you don't mind hears a question;

How did you route your exhaust?
    down one side or? and exiting the back end?

I have a 4x4 w/ a little bump in hp.
    Thanks! Brian
    Last edited by lbcoronado; 04-26-2014 at 11:14 PM.

thanks, and im runing a cross over pipe into one pipe put the passangers side. when i was using headers i ran a off road y-pipe into a single in duel out muffler. hope this helps..?

I was just wondering would it be worth the hassel to swap to a turbo cam?

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    I was just wondering would it be worth the hassel to swap to a turbo cam?
    Nope.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    Nope.
    Well fine bring ur truck over so i can cam it then! haha, did get my purple keys in and the BIG 3 kit so she will be going down next time u come down

Got my big"3" kit installed this weekend and dropped the truck back down. Still need to get the extened rear shackles but its deff alot lower as is the trucks 4.5" lower in the front than before and the rear is 2.5" lower.

+ Reply to Thread