+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 93 1500 w/ 5.3L & 5 speed swap

Got in the headers today along with the S&P adapters.
    The headers fit great and are pretty easy to slide up from the bottom even with the spark plugs in. They do not hang down below the frame at all either. Plenty of room for the O2 sensors as well. I am impressed with the fitment but the black coating on them truly sucks though, half was already rubbed off in the box. I plan to ceramic coat them though before final install.

The S&P coolant temp adapter and oil pressure adapters work great. Coolant temp for gauges is now on the pass side rear of the head and oil pressure is in same location at rear of block. However I am kinda pissed at them because they didnt give me a price for shipping but I told them I'd prefer USPS. Once I got the bill today they sent them FedEx and cost $15 for these 2 small parts! Not cool.

Cleaned up a little of the engine tonight and installed the intake. Also put some loom on a few wires as well. Harness and PCM should be in any day and I'll get on that fairly quick.

I traded off my stock radiator for a 34" one from a suv with towing package. Its like brand new so couldnt pass it up. Also scored some 06 Silverado E fans off ebay today for cheap. Great shape. Measured my 06 and they have the same size radiator as this one I picked up the other day. So thats great!

91 Silverado Stepside, LT1, 4L60e, Hotcam, RRs, Headers, 52mm TB, built trans, 20" Coys, 5-7, etc...
    93 Silverado, 5.3L, 5 speed, 5-7, 20"s, GMC grille,molded pan, 454SS fogs, HIDS, etc...
    06 Silverado Crew Cab Z71, LTs, full SLP exhaust, tune, CIA, 6" lift, 35"s, DVD, etc...

very nice coming along great! where did you get the A/C brackets and what compressor are you using? i want A/C in my LS swaped truck
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

Quote Originally Posted by lechez71 View Post
    very nice coming along great! where did you get the A/C brackets and what compressor are you using? i want A/C in my LS swaped truck
    +1

believe he said he's using josh powers a/c relocation bracket( believe you can p.m. him on fullsizechevy.com not sure tho ) with his factory obs a/c compressor
    Last edited by T-Stark; 04-14-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Drew...I'm jelly.

There's alot less crap on this thread vs your thread on FSC

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

hmm... that reminds me - i'm still perma-banned on FSC
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stark View Post
    believe he said he's using josh powers a/c relocation bracket( believe you can p.m. him on fullsizechevy.com not sure tho ) with his factory obs a/c compressor
    You sir are correct. I scored the brackets off a member here that ended up not using them. I did just buy a LS1 type tensioner though because the truck one didnt seem to want to work. I am still using my factory 93 AC compressor. I did not want to crack open my lines since the AC blew nice and cold to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado_lover View Post
    Drew...I'm jelly.

There's alot less crap on this thread vs your thread on FSC
    Lol yes..Yes there is.

I have not done a whole lot with the truck lately cause I've been helping other people with their stuff and working on my paint booth. But I did pick up some 06 Silverado E fans that I'll be using. Only have a few more wires to hook up for the engine but I'm taking my time routing everything and making this look somewhat factory. I'll have some pics posted up here in the next few days cause I plan on gettin a lil work done on it soon.

91 Silverado Stepside, LT1, 4L60e, Hotcam, RRs, Headers, 52mm TB, built trans, 20" Coys, 5-7, etc...
    93 Silverado, 5.3L, 5 speed, 5-7, 20"s, GMC grille,molded pan, 454SS fogs, HIDS, etc...
    06 Silverado Crew Cab Z71, LTs, full SLP exhaust, tune, CIA, 6" lift, 35"s, DVD, etc...

You're slackin

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

Quote Originally Posted by silverado_lover View Post
    You're slackin
    I will not disagree with that. lol

Im trying to figure out my exhaust system also... Thinking of a Magnaflow Dual in/Dual out with pipes dumped in each corner out back?

Spintech IMO

+ Reply to Thread