+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lifting heads at 19 psi?

I guess we should just feel so blessed to be in the presence of such knowledge as "Quik"..... who has done it all and knows it all..... or at least read it all.....
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMic View Post
    I guess we should just feel so blessed to be in the presence of such knowledge as "Quik"..... who has done it all and knows it all..... or at least read it all.....
    Someone have to do it...Plenty of time....and a lot of insomnia ?

So I Guess....Amen ! Lol

So much caution and knowledge will narrow to luck most of the time.

Some guys have oem bolts that seems to hold forever, and other break them like candy bars. As much as we want to belibe, when it comes down to metal, one thing is not the same as the next one, even if it come from the same batch !

So is one more variable to add to the equation.

Btw, holding to luck and a fluke a couple of guys had, can't be the right path to reliable !

I always think about those guys making high-high HP numbers with the smalest LS V8s and movimg 5K lbs cars in the 10s, DD, and on "STOCK" everything spending "$600" should sell their magic formula to NASA for the new Shuttles !

are you upset that you spend big money only to come up with less then steller results? Id be upset to if i was you
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboMic View Post
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

are you butt hurt that ppl like Mitch is proving how strong stock motor is? he isnt the only one pushing stock motors far with success. the info is out there to make a stock motor hold up, its a matter of effort to result it and then apply it to your needs.

something to think about......pay 500 for a stock motor, blow it up.....now learn from your mistakes.... if you blow it up again, did you learn anything from it or are you an idiot that is now going to purchase a 20k motor only to hurt it the same way you just hurt the other two? or are you going to buy another stock motor and set records and have it last?

theres things called books, ppl need to read them....theres real world experience....ppl need to experiment....being a sheep is only going to get you results as others have
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boostedSilverado View Post
    Someone have to do it...Plenty of time....and a lot of insomnia ?

So I Guess....Amen ! Lol

So much caution and knowledge will narrow to luck most of the time.

Some guys have oem bolts that seems to hold forever, and other break them like candy bars. As much as we want to belibe, when it comes down to metal, one thing is not the same as the next one, even if it come from the same batch !

So is one more variable to add to the equation.

Btw, holding to luck and a fluke a couple of guys had, can't be the right path to reliable !

I always think about those guys making high-high HP numbers with the smalest LS V8s and movimg 5K lbs cars in the 10s, DD, and on "STOCK" everything spending "$600" should sell their magic formula to NASA for the new Shuttles !
    and if you would think about it the smaller two V8s of LS world have the thickest cylinder walls to help prevent it from core shifting, also helps with dissipating heat and there are a few other benefits
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quik...

Mitch Who???????? LOL

For small LS I was refering to the infamous 4.8 L @ what it was...700, 800, 900HP.

I can't recall that info....but, how much that one last, what was the 1/4 mile record for that?

Other than that and your zillion wisdom posts on the other forums....I don't recall you setting no records. Oh wait...welding...you weld real nice !

And for the the ppl building nice number motors "stock"...yeah read of them...not in books. Magazines. The books I read are only for tuning and building LS (they don't quote any record)

The nice thing about the LS is the numerous breed it has....from your experience...I decided not to go 4.8L....and so forth, everybody benefits from others Experiences.

About how you or anybody spend the money....I'm not entering there.

So as you state facts, for every stock motor making and holding long hours of 850+HP how many builds are making the same no stress....can be 30 to 1 be a good fguess?

Mitch aka sprayedenaili
    Foose is pushing a 4.8 wel into low 11s, Glock has record of 11.1 with a 4.8, theres 2 4.8s making impressive numbers, Mitch is 11.1 or 11.2 with a 5.3, theres a 8s 5.3 over on tech
    so if you want to bring up my motor which is from the past theres 4 recent motors making good numbers, then there is a GTO with a LQ9 making near 850 rwhp for past 3 seasons the setup was built by same person who built the SSS that had the record prior to chase [hellsbents10]

you believe all these "stock" motors arent stock? just cause you have a built motor that fails doesnt mean a stock motor cant hold the power. Alot is in prep work, tuning and who sets up the entire build but im sure you and the rest of FI world knew that

i had close to 7k worht of hard miles on my 4.8 before the clutch went. i tore it down to see how a 250 dollar looked after the abuse it seen, now as for power i ran 20 psi thru it on street but never dyno'd it, it dyno'd it at a rich 16psi and netted 702, so not sure what it made at 20psi but im sure near 800 rwhp.
    TUNING,COOLING SYSTEM, IATS are all huge factors in keeping a motor alive!!!! slack at any of them and any motor will fail
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boostedSilverado View Post
    Quik...

Mitch Who???????? LOL

For small LS I was refering to the infamous 4.8 L @ what it was...700, 800, 900HP.

I can't recall that info....but, how much that one last, what was the 1/4 mile record for that?

Other than that and your zillion wisdom posts on the other forums....I don't recall you setting no records. Oh wait...welding...you weld real nice !

And for the the ppl building nice number motors "stock"...yeah read of them...not in books. Magazines. The books I read are only for tuning and building LS (they don't quote any record)

The nice thing about the LS is the numerous breed it has....from your experience...I decided not to go 4.8L....and so forth, everybody benefits from others Experiences.

About how you or anybody spend the money....I'm not entering there.

So as you state facts, for every stock motor making and holding long hours of 850+HP how many builds are making the same no stress....can be 30 to 1 be a good fguess?
    412 Motorsports

Quit thread crapping. this is an honest question that needs addressing. Lets not go into anything else.

Quik,
    I understand you have a lot of experience and knowledge with these motors and i have been grateful for that. Yet, you gave complete disregard to the fact that there are more factors that can cause heads to lift, i.e., the flatness of the block and heads. Case in point, you would rather sound like an arrogant ass than actually help someone with an issue.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

i am sorry 19 psi
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

i didn't know everyone would be up in arms over this. He is running 19 psi not ten like the title says, the I crack(phone) does weird things sometimes. I dont think he was running meth so that might be his option.
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

Do you know his air temps at that psi?

Simply the best turbo kit for late model GM trucks.

Custom fabrication to fit your budget and needs.
    Dealers for Precision, Comp. & Magnum turbos.

Online Store
    [/CENTER]

+ Reply to Thread