+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '06 2500HD tune for better mpg ??

Question '06 2500HD tune for better mpg ??

I have a '06 2500HD w/6.0/tow package.....tired of the 12 mpg, not to mention gas price...a couple friends of mine have the same setup, one is an '05 and they get close to 18 mpg with factory program, I am a conservative driver and they drive their trucks like hell.............has anyone had experience with the aftermarket plug n play tuners in regards to better mpg using them on the 6.0 and if they do work, what are the better units? Thanks

casey23 Guest
    there are only so many things u can do in the tune to help.. i have a 4x4 on 33s and Avg 14 but on the highway its a good bit better it seems.. but all this crappy gas now days and 10% Corn... we all lost 2mpg....

Yeh.....this F___ed UP Gov't got a better plan for everybody ............

You just need to find friends that aren't liars.
    2 thing people will not tell the truth about for some reason, how much they pay for something and what gas mileage they get.

If you want a good tune, find a good tuner, not a handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlackC3 View Post
    You just need to find friends that aren't liars.
    2 thing people will not tell the truth about for some reason, how much they pay for something and what gas mileage they get.

If you want a good tune, find a good tuner, not a handheld.
    I would like to add hp/tq #'s to the list of (3) things. imo.

I've tried quite a few different handheld tuners. The best was the bullydog. That added horsepower, and kept fuel economy the same. All the others made me lose mileage.

Nelson did the tune on my silverado to "go fast" and my gas mileage may have dropped 1mpg, but it pulls much harder.

He did a tune on my blazer that was "get the best gas mileage possible, I don't care if the truck tops out at 60" . Truck was a little bit quicker and I gained about 2 mpg over stock. (about 5mpg over the hypercrap I had been running).

If you drive A TON of miles, the tune is definitely worth the money.

A lot of other things come into the equation though. What gears do you have? What size tires? When was last tuneup?
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

+ Reply to Thread