+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to E-fans for 2000 5.3L

Upgrade to E-fans for 2000 5.3L

Hello,
    I want to upgrade to E-fans for my 2000 5.3L silverado.
    I already have a Nelson tune, so I plan to buy the Nelson harness and run the fans using the PCM, unless some other harness is recommended.

What is a recommended E-fan to buy that is a simple drop-in or at least comes with all the proper mounting hardware?

I want to avoid having to fabricate special brackets and making special wires....just looking for the best quality plug-n-play option out there.

Thanks.
    2000 RCSB 1500 2WD - Stock 5.3L - 18 x 8 Centerline Rims

um well some guys from the valley used impala e-fans but im not sure though , you might also find some cheap e-fans from a chevy at the junkyard i think 05 and up start to have e-fans

used 2 relays to wire some e-fans on a 1999 chevy with wires and everything came out to like 15 bucks the wires and relays maybe that can save you some cash IMO
    if you dont know how to use the relays i think theres a thread here
    Last edited by Alex-SYCL; 02-25-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typo

If you're looking for a direct drop in, there are aftermarket fans made to work, but are also very expensive. You can get a set of fans from a ls1 equipped f-body. Some have used fans from other vehicles and have worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-SYCL View Post
    um well some guys from the valley used impala e-fans but im not sure though , you might also find some cheap e-fans from a chevy at the junkyard i think 05 and up start to have e-fans

used 2 relays to wire some e-fans on a 1999 chevy with wires and everything came out to like 15 bucks the wires and relays maybe that can save you some cash IMO
    if you dont know how to use the relays i think theres a thread here
    DONT go and try to install 05+ efans on a 99-04. Yes in 05 GM upgraded to efans, however they also went to a larger radiator. That being said...the 05+ fans won't fit on an 00. Now if you swap both radiator and fans that will work.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Do I have to buy or make any special hardware or brackets to install LS1 fans?....or does everything needed come with the fans when purchased or pulled from the car?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Kchevy View Post
    Do I have to buy or make any special hardware or brackets to install LS1 fans?....or does everything needed come with the fans when purchased or pulled from the car?

Thanks.
    As far as I know everything is there when removes from a car.
    T-RAV

fans from an 05 silvy should work and nelson has a wiring kit
    Sponsored by Taylor Wires!
    Sponsored by PowerMaster!!
    Sponsored by FROZEN BOOST!
    Sponsored by US Speedo!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestSS View Post
    fans from an 05 silvy should work and nelson has a wiring kit
    They won't fit the smaller radiator of the trucks without efans. When gm added fans they also increased the rad size. So like I said above if he does both then it will work but if he does just fans it won't.
    T-RAV

Fans from Trick are about 160 so if that's in your price range those are drop in and good quality. Might wanna go with some bigger fans(trick has 14'' for 180ish) seeing as you are from a rather warm part of the country just for extra cooling. Also I have heard some complaints about the LS1 fans and other small fan applications from boys in hotter climates that tow or are in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of the summer. Others have had no issues at all.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Yes, you do have to use the 34" radiator with the 05+ efans, but they are pretty easy to come by. Almost all 2000-up Tahoes/Yukons/Suburban/Escalades have them. 2500s with the 6.0 all have them. The fit with the 05+ fans can't be beat since they just bolt on and with anything else you are going to have to make bracket and/or a shroud.
    My truck already had the 34" radiator since it came with the LQ4, so they were the obvious choice for me, but there are others. Just depends on which one works best with what you have and what you want out of them.

Is the 34" radiator a simple drop-in for any 2000 silverado?

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread