+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Cut Out Electrical Question

Exhaust Cut Out Electrical Question

Today im going to be installing the electrical to make my cut out useable, the cut out is from Racereadyperformance.com i was to much of a cheap ass to by the harness so i bought some cheap things at radio shack...

2 Relays
    Some connectors
    Lots of wire
    3 way switch (Open , Neutral, Close)

the one thing i can not seem to figure out is how to hook up the relays to revers the polarity to close, then to open

Heres what i got...

Thanks Guys for all your input

2002 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L z71 ECSB, Fully Built DMC 4L65e, Transgo 4L65E .500 Boost Valve, Transgo Shift Kit, Billet 1st Gear Servo, 2nd Gear Sonax Super Hold Servo, 4th Gear Billet Servo, Rebuilt 10 Bolt w/ OEM G80 and 3:73's, Dumped Single 3" Spintech Muffler, 3" E-Cut Out

I had mine on a hold/open hold/close switch. No relays or anything. Just power and ground.

A momentary 2 way switch is the best option but you have to hold the switch. You could get fancy and build a timing circuit that you toggle one way and it opens, then toggle the other to close.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

thats basiclly what i have ill take a picture of the switch tomorrow so you can see what im talking about

2002 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L z71 ECSB, Fully Built DMC 4L65e, Transgo 4L65E .500 Boost Valve, Transgo Shift Kit, Billet 1st Gear Servo, 2nd Gear Sonax Super Hold Servo, 4th Gear Billet Servo, Rebuilt 10 Bolt w/ OEM G80 and 3:73's, Dumped Single 3" Spintech Muffler, 3" E-Cut Out

Found this online just now basiclly what i was i was thinking of doing, correct me if im wrong but do my relays have (87a) for ground? will these relays work? if not i have one other one that does but im not to sure where to find a matching one at

That diagram will work, but you have the wrong relays. Just remember to move the switch back to the center position or you will burn up the cutout motor very quickly.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

the switch automaticly goes back to center (off position)

I would just use a DPDT switch. The motor on the cutout only pulls about 2 amps - well within the limits of a typical automotive switch.

wow no way its that easy! i have a dpdt switch but was curious as to how to connect it in with the relays i had no idea i could just do with out the relays and the switch does it all

Yep, its just an electric DC motor. Switch the current direction and you switch the motor direction.

+ Reply to Thread