+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extended cab subwoofer box dimensions

Elaborate fool.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    Elaborate fool.
    Normally I do the same big hump center as you except with aeros. This one will only have a 3/4" hump.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

ductape, is that design you posted for a 1999-06 extended cab or the earlier trucks? also, will it fit without altering the seat?
    I think i can build this but i am not sure about the measurements because the wood is 3/4" thick and not sure how to compensate for that when cutting the peices. I keep going over it in my head but keep confusing myself
    Last edited by mopower440; 01-01-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    Yep, I've got several designs that I have built.

Will this fit without modifying the back seat? How much lift on the seat is needed?
    Also I plan to cut that design by 1/3 and run one ten.
    This one......
    http://http://www.audioque.com/Stree...ofer_p_10.html
    Last edited by kerrige; 06-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

This box fits all ext cab trucks up to the (99-07 classic)NNBS AFAIK. Yes, it fits without lifting back seat. I just built a single 10" ported for my RE SE10 and it slams. You want to go sealed or ported?

EDIT : link FAIL
    Last edited by Duct_tape123; 06-12-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck

Box I built for my old truck was dang near exact same dimensions as the first plan you have. Only difference that I can see is that I cut off the bottom 2" in the front. It ended up letting the sound travel better.

That don't look like mine?!?!?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Box I built for my old truck was dang near exact same dimensions as the first plan you have. Only difference that I can see is that I cut off the bottom 2" in the front. It ended up letting the sound travel better.
    I just measured 2" in from each side, didn't put much thought into it. I may have to cut the opening all the way and see how it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BUN View Post
    That don't look like mine?!?!?
    Fiberglass sucks balls! So does kicker.
    Last edited by Duct_tape123; 06-15-2012 at 10:46 PM.

I've heard you stand up an ex cab box and put it behind the seat of an rcsb? Any truth to this and will duct_tapes box work with seats all the way back in an rcsb?

Quote Originally Posted by rkwhite61 View Post
    I've heard you stand up an ex cab box and put it behind the seat of an rcsb? Any truth to this and will duct_tapes box work with seats all the way back in an rcsb?
    It just depends on what you're willing to do for an audio system. Some setups play louder port forward sub up, and some louder sub up port up, ect. I have a few different box designs floating around here. The one in this thread is for an extended cab under the seat. Somewhere I have one posted for a regular cab, probably in one of Frenchy's threads. PM me details on what you want and I can work something up. Doesn't look like you're too far away either.

+ Reply to Thread