+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: This Sucks....

...did they show you some burnt pistons? I'm not talking about carbon buildup either (shouldn't be much with 1700 miles). Definately builder error. Did they tear the o-ring up when they installed the oil pump? I would fight this if it were me.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 01-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

On a stock piston engine youll lift a ringland before you damage rod bearings enough to cause this probelm though...

When I talked to Daniel earlier he said the shop was trying to tell him that the engine overheated, and out of the kindness of their heart theyd cover labor if he covered the parts, I told him to tell them to kiss his ass I guess we'll see what he says. No way in hell overheating caused that, if it did all the bearings would look the same, besides the fact that, that one bearing obviously had dirt in it.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 01-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    2007 CCSB Z71 VortecMax: Stock!

Damn man, good luck on the outcome!
    2013 EC Silverado aka redruM (Just a couple bolt ons.)
    2007 RC Silverado aka ?
    1998 Trans AM aka Red Dragon

"Your pull your truck to the track on a trailer, I race you with a truck that pulled a trailer to the track."

As cody said they told me it looked like it over heated

Now is it possible the oil got really hot for some odd reason but the coolant didnt?

They said all the cylinder rings were collapsed. He said that usually only happens when it gets really hot.
    Last edited by Red03SilSS; 01-25-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

BS'ing you
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Thats total BS looks like oil starvation and/or to tight of oil clearance , sucking air in oil system from my experience. I would highly doubt rings are collapsed if that were the case it would have been low on compression and rings maybe brittle I would cut the filter open if possible. Dont back down its there deal!

Quote Originally Posted by 94GMC View Post
    Thats total BS looks like oil starvation and/or to tight of oil clearance , sucking air in oil system from my experience. I would highly doubt rings are collapsed if that were the case it would have been low on compression and rings maybe brittle I would cut the filter open if possible. Dont back down its there deal!
    What am I looking for when I cut the filter open? I know there are bound to be shavings in it.

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

Yes there will be metal in it but pull the paper media out and put it on some clean shop towels and see what is in it. You should be able to see anything obvious like dirt and machining filings from not cleaning it enough before assembly. What kind of oil filter you running? Ive seen filters come apart internally and partially plug oil galleys and starve bearings like that even though the gauge shows you still have oil pressure. On the other hand if it is a filter failure you can send it in and have the filter company cut it apart and inspect it and they will tell you if it was there fault or unclean engine assembly. Not saying thats what it is just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GMC View Post
    Yes there will be metal in it but pull the paper media out and put it on some clean shop towels and see what is in it. You should be able to see anything obvious like dirt and machining filings from not cleaning it enough before assembly. What kind of oil filter you running? Ive seen filters come apart internally and partially plug oil galleys and starve bearings like that even though the gauge shows you still have oil pressure. On the other hand if it is a filter failure you can send it in and have the filter company cut it apart and inspect it and they will tell you if it was there fault or unclean engine assembly. Not saying thats what it is just throwing it out there.
    I have a mobile 1 filter

Not sure who makes mobile 1 filters i doubt they make them. Just curious have you heard anything from them?

+ Reply to Thread