+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This Sucks....

yep very costly...some of these shops just dont know much about these ls motors...not like a sbc.
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Should hear from them today about what happened and if its going to cost me. Wish me luck!
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

Good Luck. If they don't make it right get a long block from proheads.com you wont have any problems with a motor from them.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Well I still have not heard from them. They said they were going to tear it down wednesday morning and see what the problem was. So hopefully it was something with the original build they did and I'll get a call saying to come pick the motor up. He said he was going to call if it was going to cost me some money... keeping my fingers crossed

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

Well talked to the machine shop. They said its the number 8 rod bearing and all the others show signs of wear. They said it looks like it could be from detonation. Any thoughts?

1700 miles should not show any wear. I am leaning toward builder error.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Even if I was having detonation?

What did all the other bearings look like? I'd go up there and inspect and take all the parts to get a second opinion.

A while back, we had this 6L GTO engine built, took three times and two different shops. In the end, it still wasn't right, I told the customer "if you buy a new block and crank and it doesn't fix it, I'll pay for it"
    Ended up being some freak issue with the block I guess, cause the new block and crank fixed the oiling issues. This engine kept eating up crank and rod bearings around 1000miles. Indicator was low oil pressure.
    Probably the shops fault cause both of them should have caught whatever was wrong, but sometimes it's just better to...

I'm not saying your truck isn't strong, but at that power level, I really doubt you tore your engine up with detonation. Wheatley knows where the timing needs to be, there is no way that tune would kill your engine with detonation issues.

I would check the other bearings and make sure it's not an oiling issue, crank walking, etc.

Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    What did all the other bearings look like? I'd go up there and inspect and take all the parts to get a second opinion.

A while back, we had this 6L GTO engine built, took three times and two different shops. In the end, it still wasn't right, I told the customer "if you buy a new block and crank and it doesn't fix it, I'll pay for it"
    Ended up being some freak issue with the block I guess, cause the new block and crank fixed the oiling issues. This engine kept eating up crank and rod bearings around 1000miles. Indicator was low oil pressure.
    Probably the shops fault cause both of them should have caught whatever was wrong, but sometimes it's just better to...

I'm not saying your truck isn't strong, but at that power level, I really doubt you tore your engine up with detonation. Wheatley knows where the timing needs to be, there is no way that tune would kill your engine with detonation issues.

I would check the other bearings and make sure it's not an oiling issue, crank walking, etc.

Good luck,
    I am going to go up there probably tomorrow and get some pics for yall and post them here. Thanks for the advice. I just can't keep spending to rebuild it over and over again. Somehow gotta get it right this time.

Sounds like they are looking for a out. Even before I read nelsons post, I was thinking after you talked about detonation, that Charlie knows what can and can't be done..

John
    JOHN

+ Reply to Thread