+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 86 C10 2000 6.0 th400

86 C10 2000 6.0 th400

Finally picking up pieces to get this underway this spring.
    First question is there anything special with mating the 6.0 to the th400, ive read that the early 6.0 have an extended crank, which eliminates the need for the flywheel spacer to retrofit ls engines to the th400?
    Second question what flywheel,starter, and torque convertor is needed for this swap?
    Thanks for any input
    AR

From what ive found it seems that i use the 6.0 flywheel ,starter, and the th400 convertor, and shouldnt run into any problems

Glad to see so many answers to your questions. I have a friend with a WS6 Trans Am that removed his T56 in favor of a 400 and changed nothing aside from the driveshaft to mate the never offered 400 to the F*** 9" the car did not come with and ancillary items such as dipstick tube, cooler line connections, mount, VSS hardware, etc.

got my engine bout a month ago, have the harness rewired, flashed pcm, now have new questions
    what throttle cable has been used for this swap?
    The engine came factory with an oil cooler, should i pick up an oil cooler, or removed the lines and cap em?

look into a lokar throttle cable there nice! i would get a block off plate where the lines bolt to the oil pan and drill and tap the block off plate for your oil pressure gauge. thats what i did for my 82 c10
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

do you know part numbers for either one of these parts?

not sure on the part number you can get the block off plate from any 4.8L or 5.3L motor they all have them, just have to drill and tap it. heres a link to the lokar part number http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Univer...bles,6762.html they both should work. also seen some use the stock 99-02 silverado cable.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

thank you for the answers, have to head to the salvage yard tomorrow.

Good luck sounds like a strong combination. Headers or manifolds?

manifolds atm, but who knows i know theres 3 exhaust bolts broke off in the heads which is goin to be super
    this summer im just wanting to drive it, next summer ill work more on the performance end of things

+ Reply to Thread