+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: LONG: Faster revs, not more revs...

I assumed this is a concept engine for some type of competition go-kart, not a vehicle driven on any road. The SAE organizations have minimal amounts of electronics: starter, alternator, battery. Lincoln, you never specified the application for the motor. What is it for?
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

Quote Originally Posted by cjriojas View Post
    Lincoln, did you get my pm?
    No. No I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I just thought you should take everything into account. I assume when building a motor (especially when you specify LS platform) that it will go in to something. If the motor was going into something, I would assume it would have electronics of sorts. Headlights are a must if you plan on driving it at night. The majority of vehicles have a stereo (Hell my Polaris Ranger has a stereo). Just food for thought. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
    No bunching, just saying. Your assumptions are safe ones, but I was worried about things getting off on a tangent and eventually degrading into a thread-jacking. Hence I wanted to stay on point.

Quote Originally Posted by cjriojas View Post
    I assumed this is a concept engine for some type of competition go-kart, not a vehicle driven on any road. The SAE organizations have minimal amounts of electronics: starter, alternator, battery. Lincoln, you never specified the application for the motor. What is it for?
    That's why I said theoretical, so people's minds would not be clouded by application data. Yes, a competition cart is the closest practical application to what I was thinking.

PM sent
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

+ Reply to Thread