+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Ridgid cordless tools?

Does anyone use Ridgid cordless tools?

I'm about to replace my DeWalt cordless stuff with something new.

Curious if anyone uses Ridgid stuff and if so, what your opinion of it is? Also have you used the lifetime warranty for brushes, motors, batteries, etc, and if so how was their service?

I originally picked the DeWalt stuff because most of it was better than the competition (higher RPM's, SPM's, BPM's, etc.) It looks like the Ridgid stuff is lower than DeWalt in all of those areas, but they have a lifetime warranty on batteries and parts - batteries, brushes, motors, etc. Kind of hard to beat that. I also dig their new one-handed recip saw.

Anyway...let me know your thoughts.

I have used DeWalt, Makita, Ridgid, ect. The DeWalts are nice, but battery life sucks and they are bulky. Ridgid and Makita have great battery life and are very durable. The next set of tools I will be buying is the Ridgid combo pack with an impact driver. Never had to use the warranty on the Ridgid tools.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

I've never heard anything bad about them. I've always liked Milwaukee though
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I know you asked about Rigid, but if you want a good warranty and really top notch cordless tools. Snap on is the way to go. Yes they are pricey but they are worth it. I haven operated the rigid stuff but they make really good industrial line of tools I would think you would be safe with them.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

The deal is, I had five batteries. Three were the newer XRP, two were the older battery. The three XRP's crapped out but the older ones still work. Then my 15 minute charger ($100) got fried. So I was thinking about selling what remained and getting newer stuff. But I would want what I have now: right angle drill, hammer drill, recip saw, jig saw, circular saw, flashlight, radio, vac. To go to another brand and get those things I'm looking at a butt load of money. So I guess I'll just shell out the money for another charger and a battery or two.

ive had good luck with my dewalt xrp drill,i use it alot and my battery still hold a good charge, i must have got lucky i guess. i also have a makita 14.4v drill that has to be the best drill ive owned. it once stayed out in the bed of my truck and got rained on all night, dropped from 8 feet on concrete couple times and still works fine. makitas are awesome.

oh by the way my sister has a new in box dewalt xrp 5 piece kit she selling for a good price. pm me if interested. she won it in a raffle.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

Every cordless Dewalt I've had has had terrible battery life. Last year at xmas I got my dad a Skil set that Lowes had on sale for 40 bucks. Cheapo but has lasted longer than the Dewalts.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    Every cordless Dewalt I've had has had terrible battery life. Last year at xmas I got my dad a Skil set that Lowes had on sale for 40 bucks. Cheapo but has lasted longer than the Dewalts.
    Agreed...the battery life leaves a lot to be deisred. That's why I stocked up on batteries and got the 15 minute charger. DeWalt stuff still has higher performance than virtually any of the other cordless stuff, but they die quicker. So personally I'd rather have better performance even if it means having to charge the batteries more. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Agreed...the battery life leaves a lot to be deisred. That's why I stocked up on batteries and got the 15 minute charger. DeWalt stuff still has higher performance than virtually any of the other cordless stuff, but they die quicker. So personally I'd rather have better performance even if it means having to charge the batteries more. :shrug:
    Oh I agree as far as performance. It isn't really my battery life as far as how long it stays charged, it's how long the batteries last before they don't charge anymore.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

My dads been a building contractor for 25 years and from what hes used and ive used as far as quality is rigid, makita and some porter cable stuff has been the best we've used he use to have all Dewalt but hes switched over to to mainly rigid and makita alot of it depends on what tools your using porter cable has made some of the best nail/finishing guns where as i prefer makita as far as saws i personally dont mind hitachi either they make a nice little driver drill
    2006 Chevy ECSB 5.3 - New L33 Motor,CAI, Descreened MAF, Nelson 93 tune, Transgo Shift Kit, servos, 3in exhaust, Borla, pacetter LT's, and ORY, Aeroforce Furture: stall, cam, 4.10's

+ Reply to Thread