+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does anyone use Ridgid cordless tools?

we use dewalt at my friends shop all during the week and carry them with us to the track on the weekend. they work great and have good life, but when they are not in use they are plugged in charging, i think he buys a new battery every other year and in 4 years i have been up there he has used the same 2 hammer drills, but he got a new regular drill 2 christmas' ago.

A few years ago I bought a Rigid combo set. 18v drill and impact driver (before they came out with the new hyper lithium). The batteries lasted a couple years, but they are garbage now and expensive to replace. I think the battery warranty must have some limitations or did not exist when I bought mine. Sure do miss my cordless 18v drill and driver..

I think you will be more than pleased with the milwaukee cordless tools. One of our project managers let us use his 90* drill and that thing was a beast. I will probably get a set of either makita or milwaukee when the time comes.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

I've used pretty much all of the cordless brands and what I've learned is you can't beat a makita

as far as cordless no but we use the rigid 3" drives for most of out equipment at work and they are beasts, they deffinatly have their stuff together, there in aluminum housings with metal rods to hold them together and ive only heard of a few breaking the casings from the torque lol.

+ Reply to Thread