+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Ridgid cordless tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Ran06chevy View Post
    My dads been a building contractor for 25 years and from what hes used and ive used as far as quality is rigid, makita and some porter cable stuff has been the best we've used he use to have all Dewalt but hes switched over to to mainly rigid and makita alot of it depends on what tools your using porter cable has made some of the best nail/finishing guns where as i prefer makita as far as saws i personally dont mind hitachi either they make a nice little driver drill
    Makita sure are nice.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK View Post
    I know you asked about Rigid, but if you want a good warranty and really top notch cordless tools. Snap on is the way to go. Yes they are pricey but they are worth it. I haven operated the rigid stuff but they make really good industrial line of tools I would think you would be safe with them.
    Milwaukee makes Snap On's cordless electric stuff.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I used to have all Dewalt cordless stuff also. Batteries were crap, so I think one by one they got chunked. They got replaced with corded stuff..

I stand by makita all the way, my 3/8" lithium ion cordless drill tears it up every time I use it. It came with two batteries, and a charger. Fully charged in 20 minutes, and lasts a pretty long time. The other makita stuff I use are electric die grinders, and angle grinders and those things are tanks. Never had one fail.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Milwaukee makes Snap On's cordless electric stuff.
    I just looked at their cordless 18v impact, Yeah they have the same specs. 450ft lbs. And its 180 cheaper. That is good to know.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Makita or Milwaukee would be my second choice, but most likely I'd go with Milwaukee. A cordless right angle drill is a "must" for me, and Makita still uses a keyed chuck on theirs. Someone needs to tell them it's not 1992 anymore.

I have used Dewalt 18V stuff forever, ervery 18v tool they have available basically, all the tools have performed above my expectations. The only one I have ever used until failure was my first 18v drill I bought several years back, but man it stood up to some pretty serious uses.

My only complaint is exactly what you guys state, the battery life seems to be low, especially after the batteries have been used for a couple years.

Hell I think I have like 12 batteries though so I'm always ready to go.
    2013 EC Silverado aka redruM (Just a couple bolt ons.)
    2007 RC Silverado aka ?
    1998 Trans AM aka Red Dragon

"Your pull your truck to the track on a trailer, I race you with a truck that pulled a trailer to the track."

This is what I use, and it's awesome. Also, it does nut use a keyed chuck.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

ive have a dewalt 1/2 cordless impact and ive been using in the oil field for two years (im a rig mechanic and it gets used and abused), ive been using the same two batteries for those two years. If im using it alot that day i can go through both batts but normally both will last me at least 5 days if not my 7 day hitch. If the bats sit over a week they will die though
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Makita or Milwaukee would be my second choice, but most likely I'd go with Milwaukee. A cordless right angle drill is a "must" for me, and Makita still uses a keyed chuck on theirs. Someone needs to tell them it's not 1992 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinL33 View Post

This is what I use, and it's awesome. Also, it does nut use a keyed chuck.
    Yeah but their right angle drill does...that's what's annoying. It's a piddly complaint I guess, but given the option, I'm going with Milwaukee.

+ Reply to Thread