+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RCSB 5.3l with stock 5.3?? 150K ... 13.6X n/a

casey23 Guest

RCSB 5.3l with stock 5.3?? 150K ... 13.6X n/a

So i am this morning an get a Call from my buddys out east.... Today First pass after hurting the fastest nitrous 4.8 last weekend the 100.00 Core 5.3 they pulled the heads off to inspect and pan and found nothing.............. Blew up the 4.8 on Friday night... Swapped all used stuff from the 4.8 used headbolts,gaskets and seals to make the 5.3 run again and stuffed in it.. had it running at 3am Sunday........ First pass today with quick over the phone tune 13.9X ... adjust 13.8.... then 13.77 .. 13.66 98mph.. 2.0 .60s ... This is 100% stock motor only mods are headers and U/D pulley.. no Cam,valve springs Wore out slicks and nothing for traction and only a 4.10 gear..... Now.... time to turn on a baby kit...

Its obviously one of those 5.3's that accidentally got the ls7 pistons from the factory, no stock 5.3 can go that fast

congrats casey, thats moving!
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

casey23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 408.Luke View Post
    Its obviously one of those 5.3's that accidentally got the ls7 pistons from the factory, no stock 5.3 can go that fast

congrats casey, thats moving!
    No congrats to me .. I was just .... I mean bone stock re used bolts and head gaskets.... like stock wore out valve springs and stuff... maybe its the 4l60 and 4400 stall ??

casey23 Guest

so..

12.20@ 110.... on the small pills... they are 4 hours from home and having to drive it back.. so no 1.6X like the 4.8... that pass had a huge delay and only a 1.8X .60 foot so something didnt let go .... depends on how the numbers and time falls but heads,cam are next and a few nitrous updates..... I think we need to see an 11.90 out of the bone stock wore out motor first ....... I will look over some logs when they get home and see if i can offer some track support...

oh i thought u tuned it
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

casey23 Guest
    Yeah I do .. It's an email/phone based tune ... Sorta like a mail order but with phone calls and email ! Pretty cool when the tracks have Internet service. And you can make the changes between rounds ... 700 miles away

wow...they wanted to go racing bad...lol.
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Make mine do that, please!
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

I was at the track and saw this happen yesterday. Not bad for an old beat up 5.3 laying in the corner of the shop. Hope they make it home safe. They camped out at the track with some locals last night. They were probably in rough shape this morning.
    2000 RCSB forged ls1, 4l80e, t-76
    10.93@124 1.58 60'

hey! i heard about this truck!

the motor was pulled from a tahoe or something like that with over 240,000 miles cause it was smoking like crazy and had a real bad knock to it. we cleaned it up, scooped out all the sludge we could and put it back together with the TTY head bolts and head gaskets from the 4.8 that hurt the valve. drove it 4 hours to GA yesterday to beat the hell out of it (made about 15 passes i think) and just got back home a few hours ago. ran like a champ!!! we might go back to the track soon with the stock motor to get an 11 out of it but there is a NICE set of heads and cam sitting in the corner waiting to get put on the 5.3.

and no, this isnt my truck, it belongs to a friend of mine

and camping last night didnt get TOO crazy.... i dont think
    01 Silverado

+ Reply to Thread