+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: swapped 4.3 to 6.0 and not getting spark to one cylinder NEED HELP

yeah have swapped plugs. thats not problem. we eliminated the omputer issue by swapping 3different computers out. used what came with motor , then an extra a guy had and then took one out of buddys truck thatis running and drives everyday and still no spark.
    but i believe the crank position sensor has like little teeth or cutouts on it. i just wondering if those could break some how. cause have replaced i believe everything else or swapped things out and still get nothing out of it.
    its confusing for sure.

the relucter wheel could something of happened to that to cause t to not get fire o just one cylinder?

do you notice that the tach needle is slightly jumping up and down, or is it smooth?

we just had a 408 in here, built by other, reluctor wheel was damaged, was causing two cylinders not to fire, that was a pita!!!!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking is wrong with it. Cause have changed out everything else. So changing that was hard? Sucks cause just got motor in too? Will I have to remove motor to change? And how do I get it off crankshaft and install new one?

see if the rpm's are fluctuating, moving erratically, etc, the rpm is based soley on the crank trigger.

yeah they are slightly fluctuating. do u think that is what the problem is? about how long would it take to fix that? or how hard?

Quote Originally Posted by butler145 View Post
    yeah they are slightly fluctuating. do u think that is what the problem is? about how long would it take to fix that? or how hard?
    before you go digging in the engine, let's get what fluctuating means to you, quick jerks up and down, erratic, but staying in the same general area, not moving more than 20rpms up and down, like the needle is just flickering like a loose light bulb, that's what i mean. not a surge up and down, like the engine needs more air at idle.
    make sure it's jerking, pulsing, kind of inconsistantly up and down.
    IF SO, i say it's the crank shaft sensor or the reluctor wheel.
    probably the wheel cuase the sensor is picking up the good teeth on the wheel and firing those coils.

that's just my guess, it's not hard to pull the pan.

well pulled the pan and looked at the relucter wheel didnt appear to have anything wrong with it. so dont know what else there is now to look for?

Check the free play in the crank
    1983 Ford Ranger- 2.3 to 205k mile 6.0 swap

well think i fgured out the problem why it wasnt getting spark. found that one of the intake valves was bent and sticking open so all the fuel and air was fouling out the spark plug almost instantly. hopefully fix that and that will solve the problem.

+ Reply to Thread