+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Methanol injection kit AFR target in WB?

Methanol injection kit AFR target in WB?

In 1st gear AFR are 10.5, but in 2nd at the top they drop to 13.7 and this is also in 3rd !!!

If I lean some for 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd will be leaner !!!

What can I do?

Installing and additional injector is an option?

What size nozzle are you running. MIght need two large ones to compensate for your fuel system.

9 sec truck club

What kind of meth kit are you running? It sounds like you are spraying a fixed amount of meth through the rpm band and not an amount proportional to rpm or boost. That would explain running rich down low and lean up high. If you install an additional nozzle, you will simply have the same problem but with richer AFR's. As an example, my meth kit sprays in proportion to rpm via a spliced fuel injector wire into the meth control box. My AFR stays steady through the tach.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

It is a AEM Kit. Pretty sure flow is proportional too.

Now is spraying good. but as soon I start boosting my AFR goes 10.xx all the boosted RPM

when not sprayin it goes 11.5afr

Should I leave it that way, or should I lean my fue system?

I'm not familiar with the AEM water/meth kit so bear with me. Assuming it comes with a control box, where exactly did you reference it? fuel injector? MAF? etc. and does the wideband stay at a consistent AFR through the tach? If so, then I would start by playing with your water/meth mixture. Depending on your target AFR, use more water in the mixture to lean it out, or, add more meth to the mixture to richen it up. Try to hit your target AFR this way before adjusting your tune. You'd be surprised how big a change in your AFR you will see by switching from pure meth to pure water - or vice versa. Good luck dude

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

+ Reply to Thread