+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4l60e Transgo HD2, Corvette servo installed. First gear feels like second......

Not tryin to jack a thread either but when I got my tranny back from my builder & installed it, it didn't shift into 4th. At all, no matter if I sped up to 90 or just cruised it at 60. This was the 3rd time my builder had built it & he'd already added the shift kit from Superior the 1st time & I never experienced any lagging in 1st & it always bit hard in 2nd & was nice & firm in 3rd & 4th.

This last time however, it wouldn't shift. After a latenight call on that Friday night, he came out Sat. AM & brought all replacement solenoids, harness, force motor, case/valvebody gaskets, 1/2 accumulator piston, 3/4 accumulator piston & various other odds & ends. I had the truck on stands & drained when he showed. We pulled the valvebody & seperator plate & cleaned them up. While I was doing some cleaning, he tested all the solenoids, force motor & the harness. He then checked through the V-body & began to compare the plate/gasket/V-body to each other when he noticed on the gasket between the plate & v-body, there wasn't a provision for a 32nd in. hole in one of the passages.

He'd swapped all the solenoids for good measure & installed new gaskets that actually had the provision for that hole & we put it all back together. It ran just as good as ever & shifted into 4th like a rocket. With Allen stating to check the gaskets is what prompted me to go on this rant. I couldn't actually tell you guys if all the other stuff we did to mine was relavent but I can't help but think that hole being blocked by that gasket had something, if not everything, to do with it not shifting. My trans guy couldn't confirm, nor deny that fact either, ha.

I'm jus sayin.... it never hurts to check everything. Good luck with your search & remedy man. I'm sure you guys will find it. Hopefully it will be something simple.

im gonna remove the pan and check it out, i ran the truck for a couple minutes in park and the check engine light came on .i dont know what the codes are but i know it wasnt on before the shift kit so maybe i left a solinoid disconnected or something..

***** removed the pan and saw one of the solinoids i think A was disconnected , i remember connecting it but maybe i hit it when i stalled the pan, shifts nice, just no kick from 1-2 ,i installed only one washer in the 1-2 accumulator and i havnt touched the servo yet? maybe this will stiffin it up a bit when i do it, it wont hurt anything if i didnt do the servo yet will it?
    Last edited by liftedboost; 11-04-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

shouldn't, but go ahead and do it
    04 Silverado Z-71 Extended Cab

Magnaflow, 10.4 TV 50 wires, tr-55ix, Synthetics, HID's, JL audio, 33.5", leveling kit, tuned, CAI, vette servo, cam, valve job, pacesetter. 9.3@77.5 and 14.5@93.4

06 2wd

custom cam, tune, 3.73's, servo, HID's, 10.4mm wires, long-tubes, CAI, magnaflow, 2.5" shackles, Circle-D 3200, UD, JL Audio 4.1, Alpine 5ch

ok well i drove it around and when i get on it a bit it has a slipping in 2nd ? i put the orings and spring in the vette servo today with 1 shim and it feels like my stall(hughes 2500hd) converter is working overtime. did i miss something here with shims or what? no ck engine lights anymore.
    im wondering if i missed something on the seperator plate, i drilled all holes according to manual to .093 and on the two with the option size hole size i drilled .082 for street, maybe i should drill it bigger cause of my stall???
    Last edited by liftedboost; 11-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Nelson custom tune
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

ok wellllllll i took it apart and noticed some how i put both valve body gaskets on the trans side then put the seperator plate lol, i have no clue how i managed this but i did it, well i checked the gaskets and they were fine so i put them the way it is soppose to be ,gasket,plate,gasket then valve body ,put her back together and still doing the same thing? what gives?
    Nelson custom tune
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

+ Reply to Thread