+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4l60e Transgo HD2, Corvette servo installed. First gear feels like second......

4l60e Transgo HD2, Corvette servo installed. First gear feels like second......

I installed a Transgo HD2 and Corvette 1-2 servo into my 2003 1500 4l60e. This is my third Transgo HD2 I have installed over the years in various trucks.

After doing this one I am noticing something that does not seem right. When I accelerate from a stop it feels like I am starting in second gear. I have checked to make sure all the gears are shifting and that they are all there. It does it when I shift it manually or automatically.

One thing that comes to mind is the corvette servo and the Transgo kit. In the Transgo kit it has you install the gold ring spacers on the servo. You use either one or two of them depending on if you can move the trans band or not. I am wondering if since I installed the Corvette servos are you not suppose to use the gold ring spacers???

Any help or other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

if i remember correctly, the spacers are put in based upon the firmness of the shift you want?? someone will say something later probably..

04 RCSB 4.8, TR220/220, CIRCLE D 3000, PACESETTER LT'S/ORY, MAGNAFLOW, K&N 77 SERIES CAI, TRANSGO HD-2, VETTE SERVO, AUBURN LSD, NGK TR-5, PLUG WIRES, 4-5 DROP, TRU-COOL 40K, STREET PERF SHOCKS.

We've never put in the gold ring spacers, and it still shifts firm enough.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    We've never put in the gold ring spacers, and it still shifts firm enough.
    Ok, I have one of them in. I can take it out and try it.

It is strange, when I first accelerate it seems like it is in second for a bit then the speed and RPM's pick up and it will shift into second. It does not have that nice crisp response when you step on the gas like it use to have before I put in the HD2 kit and the Corvette servos. Anything else you can think of? Anything I might have done wrong with the HD2 install?? Have done two others and I am pretty sure I did not miss anything.

If you can think of anything else that I should check on with the install please let me know.

Thanks

after you installed the spacers did you make sure the trans would spin both ways? (one way will be harder to spin then the other)
    i also have a HD2 and Corvette 1-2 servo in my trans and i am using both of the spacers
    all the spacers do is adjust clearance between the band and the pin for engagement purposes (no different then buying a longer pin)

I have this same question. I just got my hd2 kit and vette servo in today but i'm not sure what to do

I just installed the servo with the blue spring from the 4l60ehd2 kit that go into the servo area. I didn't install the gold rings. It shifts alot better than before. It doesnt really shift hard it seems like it just shifts quicker. I'll be installing the shift kit tomorrow so hopefully everthing goes well. I am still unsure how many of the spacers/ washers I'm going to use for shift firmness. I read thta installing all 3 would damage the trans what do you guys think?

i installed none, what the washers do is adjust the psi (raise it) of the trans for that shift. that can be done vea the ecm (if you install washers to raise psi it will work for a bit until the trans "re tunes" its self and adjusts the psi back to stock/ecm spec's)

i JUST finished mine as well, 4l60e with the transgo hd2 and i have the same problem,1st feels like second. i only drove it maybe a mile, I havnt installed anything for the servo that came with the kit but i wanted to make sure everything else was good, sopposably it has a vette servo already installed , i will remove it this afternoon when it stops raining but if there is no vette servo would it cause this problem also?? like i said it feels like second or the ebrake is dragging , not trying to thread jack or anything just having the same issue.
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

Sounds the issue is with the shiftkit, not the servo.
    Only thing you can do is pull it down, double check and hilight every step to ensure everything was followed exactly.
    Check the gaskets while you're at it, not sure if that matters.

+ Reply to Thread